Frayed Knights on Steam

Started by Rayfer, July 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Saw this indie rpg on Steam for about $10.00.  Billed as a funny, comical rpg.  Anyone play it, familiar with it? Any good?

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on July 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
Saw this indie rpg on Steam for about $10.00.  Billed as a funny, comical rpg.  Anyone play it, familiar with it? Any good?

I got it on Desura last year.  It's very much an "old school" RPG in the vein of the Wizardry and older Might & Magics.   I've only played it a little bit, and the gameplay mechanics seem decent for one of those.  The humor.. unsure from what little I've seen thus far; it hasn't impressed me all that much yet.

The big complaint is that you can't create your own characters.  You must use the prefab'd ones.  This was a design decision the developer made so that he could include specific character dialogue during gameplay (they'll joke and make fun of each other), so it was a trade-off.  I've not played enough to get an idea whether the character humor design was worth losing the character creation freedom. 

Rayfer

Thanks Nefaro....I'm thinking this might be one to check out when it goes on sale....maybe during the holiday sales.