Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released

Started by Lord Zimoa, July 21, 2014, 04:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released
JULY 19TH, 2014
The Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 Official Patch is out.

To update your game simply hit "check for update" within the CTGW launcher that starts up the game for an automated download and install.

Or for those who prefer manual download and install, see here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/385/downloads/

You can check if your game has been updated by afterwards checking the Credits menu, as in the top-corner you will see 1.5.1

Note! Patches are NOT incremental, so you never need any older patches, just download and install the latest patch and you are always fine.

The last official patch was version 1.4.2, if you want to track what changed, check the "View Readme" button at the end of the installer, look in your root folder for the readme text file or check the forum here:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=48541

Enjoy the game!

The Lordz

Change History:
V1.5.1 – June 9, 2014

• Improvements
o New alliance borders
o Faster loading times
o Less memory consumption
o MP crossplatform compatibility added
o AI speedup
o Steam compatibility incorporated

• Bug Fixes
o AI fix that could cause a crash in some cases
o MP replay crash fix
o Harbour crash fix that could happen in some rare cases
o Strategic bombardment crash fix that could occur occasionally
o Various other bugfixes

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jarhead0331

I checked and it does not look like steam keys are ready yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on July 21, 2014, 09:42:01 AM
More news coming Friday. ;-)

What a tease.  :tickedoff:

Can you answer me this question?  Should I start a new game this week sometime or should I wait for this "news" you speak of?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

Sweet!  I've kinda been waiting for this update before starting in on CTGW (again ::)). 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on July 21, 2014, 12:59:09 PM
Sweet!  I've kinda been waiting for this update before starting in on CTGW (again ::)).

Same.  Although it will still be in my "To Play" queue.  Just higher on the list.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Martok on July 21, 2014, 12:59:09 PM

It may not be the patch you were waiting for, the 1.5.1 patch is mainly compatibility patching for the upcoming iPad release and crash fixes.

The vast majority of gameplay changes that have been being worked on will be in the next patch sometime in the future.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Shelldrake

Hopefully the patch won't nerf my 2 PBEM games!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell