Huw The Poo is Awesome!

Started by KyzBP, July 20, 2014, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

I'd like to publicly thank Huw for a very generous gift. O0  It's great knowing that one can almost predict the seemingly never ending generosity of the members of this community...especially Huw.

Thanks again!

* Mods: Can you please leave this up for at least 24 hours before wisking it away into the unknown?  It would be greatly appreciated. *

Huw the Poo

Haha!  *shucks*

I just hope you enjoy it.  I tried so hard to get into it but there were one or two things I just never got (which is weird because I got on with Sengoku just fine).  When you master it, tell me how to play the damned thing! ;)

KyzBP

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 20, 2014, 04:58:28 PM
Haha!  *shucks*

I just hope you enjoy it.  I tried so hard to get into it but there were one or two things I just never got (which is weird because I got on with Sengoku just fine).  When you master it, tell me how to play the damned thing! ;)

That's a deal.

Jarhead0331

At least tell us what the gift is...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Then I would agree, Huw the Poo is indeed awesome. This site is awesome!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2014, 06:16:06 PMThis site is awesome!  O0

I promise we did not pay him to say that.

yet...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

fabius

Please let us know hoe you get on with CK2. I love HoI3, EUIV and Vic2. Just can't seem to get into the combat mechanics of CK2 despite being pumped after watching Vikings series

RooksBailey

Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
Then I would agree, Huw the Poo is indeed awesome. This site is awesome!  O0

He is also a great Frozen Synapse player.   ;D

You're going to love CK2.  I still consider it one of the finest strategy games ever released.   
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

KyzBP

Quote from: fabius on July 21, 2014, 02:19:14 PM
Please let us know hoe you get on with CK2. I love HoI3, EUIV and Vic2. Just can't seem to get into the combat mechanics of CK2 despite being pumped after watching Vikings series

It's been frustratingly slow so far.  I REALLY want to dive in but this game appears to be incredibly deep.  I started watching a "Lets Play" but after 6 or 7 minutes I end up diving back into the game only to be overwhelmed again.  This may take some time.

Nefaro

Quote from: KyzBP on July 21, 2014, 03:38:33 PM

It's been frustratingly slow so far.  I REALLY want to dive in but this game appears to be incredibly deep.  I started watching a "Lets Play" but after 6 or 7 minutes I end up diving back into the game only to be overwhelmed again.  This may take some time.

If regular learnin' fails, go to the YouTube tutorial vids.  It's clicked with a lot of people who watched such things, when the stock tutorials failed.

This tutorial series from 'Eviscerator03' looks pretty detailed.  The first vid is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGrv120bBA

.. and Arumba's videos can not only be entertaining but you can see a good player describe what he's doing.  Here's the first in his series starting on "Noob Island" (aka Ireland) for those who want to see an experienced player's strategies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSsgu_iMvg

The most difficult thing to figure out is how the program determines succession & inheritance of lands.  They've improved it with all the patches over the years, but it still isn't always clear cut on who gets certain parts of a Duchy, Kingdom, or Empire. 

KyzBP

Quote from: Nefaro on July 21, 2014, 04:27:19 PM

If regular learnin' fails, go to the YouTube tutorial vids.  It's clicked with a lot of people who watched such things, when the stock tutorials failed.

This tutorial series from 'Eviscerator03' looks pretty detailed.  The first vid is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGrv120bBA

.. and Arumba's videos can not only be entertaining but you can see a good player describe what he's doing.  Here's the first in his series starting on "Noob Island" (aka Ireland) for those who want to see an experienced player's strategies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSsgu_iMvg

The most difficult thing to figure out is how the program determines succession & inheritance of lands.  They've improved it with all the patches over the years, but it still isn't always clear cut on who gets certain parts of a Duchy, Kingdom, or Empire.

Thanks Nefaro!  I'll be using those links.  I had already started my game on " Noob Island".  I had no idea that it had been labelled as such.  It just seemed so safe and peaceful.... :smitten:

MetalDog

I hadn't known that either when I started my first game.  Ireland just seemed an out of the way place to make some noise and not get squashed immediately.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

fabius

Quote from: fabius on July 21, 2014, 02:19:14 PM

Had to watch some to get into Vic.

Who are you playing as? I remember it's hard to beat the Normans as old One Eye Harold.