Sons of Anarchy Final season

Started by MetalDog, July 19, 2014, 02:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 09, 2014, 10:52:08 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 09, 2014, 06:58:31 PM
And I am going to take no blood.  The only episode this season without it.

:2funny:

Blah blah blah.  The only thing you can be sure of when I bet, is that I will lose.  So, no big surprise here.  :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

when the time comes tell us your Super Bowl pic and the spread.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

MetalDog

The car chase in the orange grove was pure cheese.  The rest of the episode was pretty good.  Including, WTF Juice?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Sir Slash

I thought the 2 local muscle guys were out of place. I guess one was Indian Rocks related and now shit's really got started. I think too much is going on for this to all play out in one season. We need an 8th.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

I got the feeling that was the Indian Hills chapter presidents son.  Could be wrong, but that's the vibe I was catching.  And he knows where the shotgun came from.

Sir Slash

Don't these people EVER have a normal day? Just once I'd like to see them just stay home and play with their kids. Maybe have a meal together... no I wouldn't. Tara tried to help with the dishes and look where that got her.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

I wasn't impressed with either the just drive up and start shooting battle or the car chase. That part might as well have been from The A Team. I guess the badder bad guys are like Imperial Stormtroopers? I don't remember the show stretching believability so far in the past.

Rest of the episode was good.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on September 17, 2014, 06:23:04 AM
I got the feeling that was the Indian Hills chapter presidents son.  Could be wrong, but that's the vibe I was catching.  And he knows where the shotgun came from.

Correct on all counts. Jax just made a new enemy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on September 20, 2014, 03:31:32 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 17, 2014, 06:23:04 AM

Correct on all counts. Jax just made a new enemy.

This was such a horribly bad move by Jax....he's likely turned one of his most supportive chapters into an enemy at the worst possible time. Not to mention, how does Jax justify this before his own chapter even. And what, does he kill another chapter President who is justified in his anger? Bad, bad juju here for Redwood.

mirth

Jax is completely unraveled. Gemma is bringing about her greatest fears, the destruction of her family and the MC. When I first started with Sons, I thought of it as Jax's story. Now I see it mainly as Gemma's. She's driven events throughout.

I'm beginning to think she may survive and be left with the ruins of it all, in the knowledge that she's been responsible for all of it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

That's a good call, mirth.  I hadn't thought of that.  Jax dying in her arms.  They boys wards of the state, or worse, caught in a crossfire.  The Mayans or Chinese taking over Charming.  Nero, dead.  I don't believe in suicide, but you would strongly have to consider how you move on from all that.

Steelgrave

^You two are some depressing sob's....not that you are necessarily wrong, mind you. Wouldn't that be a shocker...everyone expects Gemma to die and Jax to live, but what if....

Wow.....

mirth

Any way you cut it, things won't end well. If Jax lives and Gemma dies, where does that leave Jax?. His mother killed his father and the love of his life. She robbed him of any chance for a better life for himself, his sons and the MC. How the hell does he carry on from that? With Wendy at his side?

If this really is Sutter's take on Hamlet. The end will not be pretty.

However it will be quite entertaining :)

MetalDog

That's one of the coolest things I've seen in the whole series.