Steel Beasts Pro Discussion Thread

Started by Asid, July 16, 2014, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 20, 2014, 11:26:26 AM

Well, I haven't really played with either yet, but I'd imagine the A2 is a superior overall tank!

The M1A2 and it's ridiculously amazing digital zoom optics is a beast.  It has a notable effective range advantage.

We've mostly been playing with Challengers and Leopards but some missions have a mix of all three.  I kinda prefer the Abrams and Leopards for the fire control systems if nothing else.  But the Challenger 2 is a heavily armored turtle, for sure.  Can take quite a pounding.

Asid

Quote from: Cougar_DK on August 20, 2014, 12:13:29 PM
It seems that the 64 bit testing is closed. The link from page one gives an "Sorry, this page does not exist.". And following this link http://www.esimgames.com/?p=1714 it says that all licenses has been used ?!?!?

There was an allocation of beta licenses which has gone. However if you contact esimgames they may have a license for you.

It would help if you contacted them from the email you purchased the license with (dropping in the license number can't hurt ;)  ).

Note this is only for the beata license.

On occasion someone comes along with a lower version and we usually play with that version  O0
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on August 20, 2014, 12:19:34 PM
The M1A2 and it's ridiculously amazing digital zoom optics is a beast.  It has a notable effective range advantage.

It can give one a false sense of security and distance. But there's no reason why we can't mix it up in the selection department  O0
War in Pieces

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on August 20, 2014, 12:28:21 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 20, 2014, 12:19:34 PM

It can give one a false sense of security and distance. But there's no reason why we can't mix it up in the selection department  O0

The M1A1s scattered in the other missions were fine, too.  That keeps it on the level.

PanzersEast

By popular demand...... well really just Asid

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on August 20, 2014, 01:06:49 PM

PE

LOL!   

Title it "Death Machine".   As in his!  :P

PanzersEast

bayonetbrant

You couldn't do it with Stormtrooper paint, huh? ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jomni

Yeah my main complaint about the Challenger 2 is the fire control system.   Once I'm using HESH and firing at a moving target, things get a bit tricky compared to the Leo and M1.
The Challenger 2 exterior is neat.  Looks very modern or even futuristic and is probably the best armored among the three.

I prefer the Leopards for some reason because I used them to greater extent than the M1 before the M1A2 came out.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 20, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

You couldn't do it with Stormtrooper paint, huh? ;D

You just inadvertently put "The Imperial March" into my thinkmeats with that comment.  Thank you.

:D

Asid

Great 2 missions tonight with:

First mission we had Challenger 2's

Second mission we had Leo2A5's

Skoop
Nefaro
PanzersEast
Asid.

One victory  O0 and one defeat  :-X

Thanks guys :)
War in Pieces

Nefaro

I'm surprised we made it through that first one with two tracks still running. 

You guys did a great job of turning those bastards into slag along the way!  O0  They had the best opfor equipment available, in good ambush positions.

Jarhead0331

OK, boys. I'm up and running with 3.019. Where can I find you on teamspeak?

I hope to be able to make Sunday's game, but keep in mind, you may have to do some training. I'll try to re-learn the basics before then.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Asid

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 20, 2014, 08:35:08 PM
OK, boys. I'm up and running with 3.019. Where can I find you on teamspeak?

I hope to be able to make Sunday's game, but keep in mind, you may have to do some training. I'll try to re-learn the basics before then.

Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987
Room: In game purple

I am on now with PanzersEast . Pop in for a chat O0
War in Pieces