I have the best wife in the world!

Started by Yskonyn, July 04, 2014, 05:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I was joking around how I wanted a PS4. Preferably the upcoming Ultimate Player bundle with the Vita for streaming games if she wanted to watch something on tv while I wanted to game on the ps4. Of course, only if the price would be tempting for that bundle.

When a few packages arrived with the post, containing clothing and other girly paraphernalia, I told her -jokingly- that I had been more than dissapointed to find out there wasn't a PS4 in any of those packages.  >:D

All of a sudden, she asked me yesterday wether I would be happy with a PS4 without the PsVita as well? Not thinking it was serious, I laughed and told her that would be fine as well, of course!

When I was at work, I suddenly got a text message asking me if I prefered the white or black version. Still thinking she was pulling my leg and just going the extra mile of tempting me I replied that there was only one option; black!

A few minutes later I received another message, this time with a picture of the order receipt! What? But.. but but...
She actually did it! My wife ordered me a PS4!

It's actually kind of frightening, because I am not sure how this translates into the man vs wife emotional relationship world... do I owe her now?  :2funny:
Did I do something? Totally confusing!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

bbmike

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 04, 2014, 05:20:11 AM
I was joking around how I wanted a PS4...

That is nice! But where will this all lead?!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Yskonyn

Perhaps she is finally going to be a gaming convert?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Is this her way of prepping you for a request to 'order' a Yassy Mini?  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Yskonyn

Maybe you're on to something here, but then it probably is a delayed gift as our Yassy Mini is 1.5 years old now.
Or she is priming me for making Yassy Mini 2...

MetalDog

Sounds like Yassy Mini Version 2 is already made and you are being buttered up before being told.  :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Congrats. My wife got me my ps4 too. Maybe they are long lost sisters?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Wow Jarhead, does she use Facebook? ;)

And guys.. Yassy Mini 2 has now been officially mentioned. Not that he or she is already a fact, but let's say mission planning has commenced.
Damn, are we men so easy?

BTW Jarhead, which games do you have and what's your PSN handle?