Main Menu

Autumn Dynasty?

Started by James Sterrett, June 25, 2014, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

I've played it a bit. Very RTS feel to it but a nice control mechanic. Feels like there's a story lurking in it as well but I'm not far enough along with it.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

There is indeed a story component behind it, but it annoys me greatly as it's presented in something similar to a Final Fantasy game where you have one image on one side with a caption underneath it showing what that figure is saying, then another at left responding. Maybe I expect too much but it just feels too old school.

Controls are very easy, as everything is done via touch of course. It can get difficult if your units get too close together and you want to micromanage them, but overall the control scheme works well. It's VERY, VERY 4X in that you're pretty much starting each battle with a small force, and then have to take points on the map, and build stuff at those points like guard towers, barracks, and the like. It's nothing new nor is it innovative at all, but if you enjoy that kind of mechanic (as I do), you'll likely enjoy it too.

It's not much of a challenge, which is also annoying, but what keeps me from uninstalling it is the control scheme. It's fun to move units around and watch as movement arrows appear along the path your finger designates. Very little thing, but a cool thing to me.

James Sterrett

Thanks for the commentary, guys!