Trouble in Mosul

Started by endfire79, June 11, 2014, 09:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I've ruminated.

still good with orbital kinetic strikes.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 14, 2014, 12:25:41 AM
from my perspective its delicious irony.

http://www.funker530.com/germany-bans-all-isis-support-after-sharia-police-were-found-patrolling-german-streets/

its always cool when its the people you dont like.

time to ruminate.

In fairness, Germany has never been a bastion of freedom of intellectual thought after WWII. They tend to error on the side of the "greater good." That squishes neo-nazis from rising to power, but doesn't sit well with Americans whose First Amendment is freedom of speech (and thought).

Rumination, irony...it's all there.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

and here we go...

Iraq part 3

QuotePARIS, Sept 15 (KUNA) -- French aircraft have begun carrying out reconnaissance flights over Iraq from the Al-Dhafra base in Abu Dhabi in the UAE in agreement with the Emirati authorities, French television reported.
The flights coincide with a major international conference in Paris to seek a response to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) or Daash radicals who have been carrying out abuses in Syria and northern Iraq for several months and who claim to have set up a "Caliphate" straddling parts of those two countries.
"France's "I-Tele" television station said that Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian had travelled to the UAE to be at the French airbase there from which the flights are taking place.
Defence Ministry sources confirmed that fighter aircraft had taken off from the UAE base but declined to give details.
"I-Tele" speculated that French strikes against ISIL targets could be imminent as President Francois Hollande said that "the fight against (Daash) is also ours" and he said France "would play its part" in military operations to protect Iraq against this "global threat which requires a global response."

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bayonetbrant

don't see them flying any white flags, either...   >:D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Gusington

I wonder where the French have developed these new cajones...maybe its because France itself, particularly the larger cities, now contain 100s of 1000s of Muslims and they are taking their aggression out overseas instead of bombing Marseilles.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on September 15, 2014, 09:05:44 PM
I wonder where the French have developed these new cajones...maybe its because France itself, particularly the larger cities, now contain 100s of 1000s of Muslims and they are taking their aggression out overseas instead of bombing Marseilles.

More likely it's because they were always jealous that they weren't the biggest dog in the park. Now that we've cut ours off and placed them on a mantle they appear more than happy to do some heavy lifting. Weird, but I guess that's geopolitics. Or something.

GDS_Starfury

all bullshit aside, the French have been pretty active for the last 30 years or so.  ever wonder why all that African bullshit went by by?

bayonetbrant

y'know - the French have been kicking a lot of ass for a bunch of years in some pretty thankless places like West Africa, but they got a lot of stick for not wanting to play in the Iraqi sandbox, and I'm not history hasn't at least partially vindicated them...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I still think they are transfering their collective national anger. It is coming in handy, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Heard someone mention on CNBC this morning that Turkey seems to be absent in all of this.  They also stated that ISIS is getting a lot of recruits from Turkey. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

LongBlade

Quote from: OJsDad on September 16, 2014, 08:06:21 AM
Heard someone mention on CNBC this morning that Turkey seems to be absent in all of this.  They also stated that ISIS is getting a lot of recruits from Turkey.

This is yet another civil war within Islam. They do this periodically - actually it's probably more often than not. The problem is that now their movement isn't constrained to horses and camels. As a result we have to be involved because they have made it their business to involve us.

The precedent for how this plays out and how to handle it are pretty clear through history. Unfortunately, it's an ugly history.

jejo68

Quote from: LongBlade on September 16, 2014, 09:52:13 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on September 16, 2014, 08:06:21 AM

This is yet another civil war within Islam. They do this periodically - actually it's probably more often than not. The problem is that now their movement isn't constrained to horses and camels. As a result we have to be involved because they have made it their business to involve us.

The precedent for how this plays out and how to handle it are pretty clear through history. Unfortunately, it's an ugly history.

There is only one proven way to handle extremist like these. Lets just hope we havent grown to soft yet.

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on September 15, 2014, 09:05:44 PM
From what Sauron tells me France is a tinderbox of anti-muslim tension. He's expecting civil war. It's no accident that the Front National got 25% of the vote in the last election. Sauron's said that the government have played down the terrorist planning to attack the Bastille day parade - hes' the one who killed the Jews in Belgium and wanted to be extradited to France in the hope of being exonerated by their Minister of Justice - Mme Taubira, who has got a lot of flak for excusing the attacks on white French women by Maghrebians - as the French call them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/25/belgian-police-hunt-gunman-jewish-museum-murders-brussels

http://www.france24.com/en/20140908-brussels-shooter-mehdi-nemmouche-planned-bastille-day-atrocity-paris/#./?&_suid=14110008139400020945105977330625
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

LongBlade

That's crazy, Boggit. I knew it was bad, but not that bad.