News from Ukraine Conflict

Started by bayonetbrant, May 07, 2014, 09:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

OK, the 'no one tosses a dwarf's salad' made me spit up my goat's milk. Funny!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Reuters and other outlets reporting that Russian troops are bombarding Ukrainian troops, and the Russian convoy has entered Ukraine without permission.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

So much for their independence day on the 24th.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

OJsDad

It is the weekend, so no one will be watching the news or care.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

LongBlade

Quote from: OJsDad on August 22, 2014, 03:51:06 PM
It is the weekend, so no one will be watching the news or care.

What? Did you say something. Sorry, I was watching reruns of I Love Lucy. Can you call back Monday?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

airboy

Wall St. Journal reports today (8/23) that Russia is sending both troops and material into Eastern Ukraine.  It also reports that Russian artillery is supporting the rebellion from positions both inside Ukraine and also inside Russia.  There are also considerable additional assets (air, ground, artillery) being assembled close to the border.

Nefaro

Mr. Bigglesworth

You keep linking to the moscow times. My AV flags their site as unsafe, you may want to avoid it.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Nefaro

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on August 23, 2014, 01:21:01 PM
You keep linking to the moscow times. My AV flags their site as unsafe, you may want to avoid it.

Norton flags everything as unsafe.  Even your own software!  :P

I just happened to see these posted elsewhere and thought I would share the comedy.

jejo68

Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2014, 10:27:25 AM
They don't want our Freedom Fries anymore.

Crackdown on McDonald's Spreads Across Russia

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/crackdown-on-mcdonald-s-spreads-across-russia/505727.html
Normally I would say they are just looking for excuses, but in Denmark there has been quite a few incidents lately with Mcdonalds getting very poor reports by our healt inspectores regarding sanitation and using food produkts that should have been destroyed due to being to old.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2014, 10:27:25 AM
They don't want our Freedom Fries anymore.

Crackdown on McDonald's Spreads Across Russia

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/crackdown-on-mcdonald-s-spreads-across-russia/505727.html

Just remember, we've never fought a war with a country with a McDonald's

That might get re-written into "we've never fought a war with a country with an open McDonald's"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: jejo68 on August 24, 2014, 04:25:40 AM
Normally I would say they are just looking for excuses, but in Denmark there has been quite a few incidents lately with Mcdonalds getting very poor reports by our healt inspectores regarding sanitation and using food produkts that should have been destroyed due to being to old.

Remember, a lot of McDonalds are franchises. Not to defend the company but it is entirely possible that the actual owner of the local franchise is blatantly violating the franchise contract by using food storage and handling methods not approved by McDonalds itself. It's not like they can fire the owner they way they would the manager of an entirely company-owned restaurant. Once a franchisee is up and running the only thing that McDonalds can do to crooked owners is terminate the contract allowing the use of the name and supplying the goods and services needed to operate. From a legal standpoint this may be a tricky thing to do unless the company has legal proof (such as official health code violations) already on record.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jejo68

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 24, 2014, 06:26:03 AM
Quote from: jejo68 on August 24, 2014, 04:25:40 AM

Remember, a lot of McDonalds are franchises. Not to defend the company but it is entirely possible that the actual owner of the local franchise is blatantly violating the franchise contract by using food storage and handling methods not approved by McDonalds itself. It's not like they can fire the owner they way they would the manager of an entirely company-owned restaurant. Once a franchisee is up and running the only thing that McDonalds can do to crooked owners is terminate the contract allowing the use of the name and supplying the goods and services needed to operate. From a legal standpoint this may be a tricky thing to do unless the company has legal proof (such as official health code violations) already on record.
Yeah it just bugs me even though I rarely visits them myself.
For their own sake I hope they handle this right or they will go the way of Burger king here in Denmark.
some years ago there used to be just as many burger Kings as McD in Copenhagen, but after a few sanitation scandals they pretty much all went buttom up so now we have maybe 4 Burger Kings in all of Denmark left. 2 of which is in Copenhagen.
Dont know about the US but here every restaurant is required to put up a visible sign at the entrance with the latest notice from the Health inspectorate where you clearly can se a smiley ranging from very glad to very annoyed. Helps weed out the poor restaurants fairly quickly.

bayonetbrant

Everyone in the US has their sanitation rating right near the registers where you pay, or else near the front door.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 25, 2014, 05:33:17 AM
Everyone in the US has their sanitation rating right near the registers where you pay, or else near the front door.

While the information is usually available online from most state and local gov'ts in all States, I don't believe every state requires the establishment to actually display their score where the public can see it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys