Author Topic: Welcome to GameTalk!  (Read 3142 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
Welcome to GameTalk!
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:04 PM »
Starting on 15 September, we've got a new weekly column about game design.  Sound off here and get the conversation going :)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:59:51 AM by bayonetbrant »
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
Re: Welcome to GameTalk!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:11:19 AM »
For computer game design

1st question-
For those of you who use a game design 'engine', rather than coding everything from scratch, what do you use? Unity? Unreal? RPGMaker? and why?

2nd question-
Any recomendations as to sources for both 2d and 3d art and models that are ready for use in most game engines and either free or extremely low priced for someone on a nanobudget? I'm thinking mostly military vehicles old and modern, as well as buildings and terrain features.
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love