Main Menu

War Eagle!

Started by airboy, March 31, 2019, 07:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Auburn is going to its first Men's Final Four!

Dook is not going!

My ticket priority is "probably" good enough that I'm getting Final 4 tickets!

MetalDog

Congrats, Airboy!  Even better that Duke lost (from my vantage point).  Really hope you get tickets that would be simply awesome!!!  O0 O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

SirAndrewD

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!   :D
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

airboy

Toomers Corner "Snow" at 9:30pm after we left Mass.

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on March 31, 2019, 07:34:07 PM
Congrats, Airboy!  Even better that Duke lost (from my vantage point).  Really hope you get tickets that would be simply awesome!!!  O0 O0

I've had season tickets for 31 seasons.  I've had scholarship tickets for 5 seasons.  I've seen a lot of really bad basketball over the decades.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on March 31, 2019, 09:50:40 PM
Toomers Corner "Snow" at 9:30pm after we left Mass.

Wish I could've been there. 

If it goes to the final might do it.  I regret badly being too far away to make it to Toomers in 2010.

Quote from: airboy on March 31, 2019, 09:51:44 PM

I've had season tickets for 31 seasons.  I've had scholarship tickets for 5 seasons.  I've seen a lot of really bad basketball over the decades.

I dared hope Pearl's hiring would bring this result.   I'm glad that hope was well placed.

Weird that Jacobs could hit a Coach hire so out of the park on Basketball, but seemingly not with the Football program.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

airboy

We are going to the Final 4!  I have 4 tickets!   :D

We are "probably" in the lower level and not in the nosebleed sections.  There are less than 1,500 scholarship ticket holders.  Our scholarship tickets predate Bruce Pearl.  I've bought tickets every year for 30 years.  That is probably good enough to get in the lower seating section.

Flights to Minneapolis are horrible ($2,500 round trip per person) but I can do it far, far less by flying into Milwaukee, renting a car, and doing it that way.

Weirdly, Auburn did not sell their full allotment to the scholarship ticket holders & the big contributors to the alumni association.  My FACULTY tickets had a high enough priority to buy tickets.  Unbelievable - but this is a football school and not a sports school.

I'm probably going to sell 2 on Stubhub - I offered them to several of my basketball friends but they either: 1] had to work or 2] bought tickets before I got in touch with them.  Only one buddy left with an offer to go.  Tickets are $380 each and you have a ticket for all three games.

A lot of the scholarship ticket holders are 20 years or more older than we are and frankly not in great physical shape.  I spoke to some at the Auburn baseball game tonight and they opted not to go.  A ton of retired people get season tickets to sports at Auburn other than Football.  Sadly, probably the majority of the attendees at Mens BB, Womens BB, Baseball and Softball are retired people and many are physically unable to make the trip.

Auburn did distribute their standing room only 1,000 student tickets really well.  At Auburn students can opt into buying sports tickets.  If they opt in, they get their ID scanned every game they attend.  Auburn gave the top 1000 mens basketball attending students an option to buy a $40 ticket with a guarantee to buy another $40 ticket if Auburn plays in the finals.  Thus, the students who actually attended the most Mens BB games are the ones who get final 4 tickets.  This is much better than the way UNC did it when I was there (a pure lottery).

Gusington

Enjoy - my brackets were utterly annihilated this year.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

My final four seats are lower level and quite good.

Hardest loss I've ever experienced in person.  We thought we won and were celebrating.  Two blown calls by the officials in the last 1.5 seconds of the game and we lost.  Plus three clutch free throws.

SirAndrewD

I still don't want to talk about it. 

nelmsm

Only one blown call for Auburn, but it was I'd all announcers said they missed as well. Texas Tech is just 45 minutes down the road so y'all know whom I'm cheering for.

Sir Slash

Auburn did great but came-up just short-- too bad. After watching them win the S.E.C. I thought they might go all the way. Texas Tech also looks fantastic, especially their defense. But they'll need every bit of it tonight against the Cavaliers. Should be a great game.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

My condolences for the hope of the SEC this year.  :'(

I caught the finale of that game in passing. It was going to be a heartbreaker for either side. But extra harsh for visitors from Auburn to come all that way.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

:'(     :pullhair: