Total War: Warhammer, or Warhammer II?

Started by Ubercat, June 09, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

jomni

I have a problem with Warhammer II. I want to download the free DLC.  But on steam, when I click download it opens the Total War Launcher.
In the game, when I check out the DLCs, it brings me back to Stam but not on the product page.  What kind of joke is this?
:uglystupid2:

jomni

Ok so got them working.  I kept "dancing" between in-game and Steam for each free content.  Then I magically get it.

But that Regiments of Renown got me stumped.  It appears that you need to create a new account on some Total War site to get it.  Maybe I'll pass.

Gusington

I had the same issue with the free dlc just today.

Regiments of Renown I did not have an issue with.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Incidentally, are there any effects to the ultra-campaign by picking up the DLC? (There's two sets.) I mean if you aren't playing pirates, high elves, and/or dark elves.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I did read that the new Pirates of the Vampire Coast will be encountered by all players, playable just for those who pay, of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

I just picked up I and II late last night. I hope I enjoy it.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

I have enjoyed both but not being a huge fan of the lore, I usually feel a little lost.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 08, 2018, 10:08:30 PM
I have enjoyed both but not being a huge fan of the lore, I usually feel a little lost.

I don't know the lore but thought it may be fairly standard fare fantasy stuff, which I do enjoy.

jomni

Don't know the lore as well. But it's pretty standard fantasy.

Sir Slash

Also don't know the lore but Warhammer I was very polished and fun to play. I'd like to get the second game but I can't beat the first one so.... think I'll wait a bit. Though I was glad to see the price finally coming down a bit.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I haven't won a game yet in the first or second game. Next try is the Vampire Counts. Soon!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 09, 2018, 10:12:32 AM
I haven't won a game yet in the first or second game. Next try is the Vampire Counts. Soon!

That's very encouraging. Too many games are a pushover. I haven't played it yet but spent a good part of an evening getting the dlc's installed. Looks like there are some good mods on the Steam Workshop too.

Gus, do you recommend any mods that are a must have?

Gusington

Problem is I have used many, many mods and haven't played in a while, so I don't remember.

For the more historical games, mods from Radious are always very good but I don't know if that's the case for the WH games.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Ok, so I loaded up the Mortal Empire campaign and I realize I have no idea of what the hell I'm doing. Sure is a lot of buttons and screens. Maybe the other campaign would be better to start from?