Author Topic: No Man's Sky - Too good to be true?  (Read 45192 times)

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Re: No Man's Sky - Too good to be true?
« Reply #345 on: October 29, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
I've got about 80 hours in to it...so I guess that means I like it. Generally, I follow the story quests. It is a grinder however. Reminds me of a more sedate MMORPG...

So I would not be really happy about restarting and having to redo the quests...but I would say the same thing about Skyrim or Fallout 4.

I still haven't plumbed all of the play features in NMS either. I still don't have a merchant ship to act as my base for example.

But I can see that NMS would not be to some folk's taste. Particularly if you like combat. While you can definately get into fights in NMS, it is not really required. For the most part, combat can be avoided.
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Notre Dame wins at Army, 13 - 7, Oct. 18, 1924

Notre Dame undefeated 1924
Coach: Knute Rockne

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #346 on: October 29, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »
I've got about 80 hours in to it...so I guess that means I like it. Generally, I follow the story quests. It is a grinder however. Reminds me of a more sedate MMORPG...

So I would not be really happy about restarting and having to redo the quests...but I would say the same thing about Skyrim or Fallout 4.

I still haven't plumbed all of the play features in NMS either. I still don't have a merchant ship to act as my base for example.

But I can see that NMS would not be to some folk's taste. Particularly if you like combat. While you can definately get into fights in NMS, it is not really required. For the most part, combat can be avoided.

Wow! 80 hours in and you don't have a capital ship or fleet yet!?! That was one of the first things I did after that update hit and building my little fleet up has probably been the most fun I've had in the game so far. Now, that being said, I don't really have a base on any planet and I have not constructed any ground vehicles...lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #347 on: October 29, 2018, 04:12:15 PM »
Anyone playing this actively?
I finally picked it up for a mere 10 dollah as what Ive been reading looks like the game has improved quite a bit and for only a tenner Id be willing to take a look with my own eyes.
I understand the latest patch even added a whole underwater world!

where did u get for $10?

Offline AchillesLastStand

• Equites
« Reply #348 on: October 29, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »
Anyone playing this actively?
I finally picked it up for a mere 10 dollah as what Ive been reading looks like the game has improved quite a bit and for only a tenner Id be willing to take a look with my own eyes.
I understand the latest patch even added a whole underwater world!

where did u get for $10?

It is half off @ Green Man Gaming right now which puts it around 30$. I got it during their summer sale for around 24.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2018, 02:13:16 AM »
I got it from cdkeys for a tenner. Shady? Perhaps, I dont know.
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2018, 03:17:36 AM »
I got it from cdkeys for a tenner. Shady? Perhaps, I dont know.

thanks....looks like back at $23 so will hold off for now