Railway Empire from Kalypso?

Started by WallysWorld, March 21, 2017, 02:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Railway Empire

Due out Q4/2017.

Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Looks VERY intriguing. Could be right-up my Choo-choo.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Just saw this in my email.  Sounds interesting.  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Geezer

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 21, 2017, 02:47:29 PM
Looks VERY intriguing. Could be right-up my Choo-choo.

At least you didn't say it was right up your caboose!   ;D

Edit - In an effort to be mildly on topic, I'm pretty sure I still have my C&O/B&O boardgame circa 1969.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

bbmike

Well, this is from Kalypso. They just released Urban Empire and it isn't exactly getting stellar reviews. But it does look interesting.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

glen55

Quote from: ghostryder on March 21, 2017, 07:09:17 PM
More information here: Some screenshots as well.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/4/14815614/railway-empire-preview-pc-xbox-one-ps4-kalypso-gaming-minds

It looks awfully pretty, but I'm not sure that's so much of a plus to me. Modern rail strat games always seem to emphasize pretty pictures over the economic/geographic sides of the game. I like the older games better.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Greybriar

Here is a series of videos about Railway Empire Campaign by Skye Storme:

The game may be a little too cartoonish for some of us, but otherwise it looks like the game is coming along nicely. I am looking forward to its release.

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

DennisS

Quote from: bbmike on March 21, 2017, 07:10:15 PM
Well, this is from Kalypso. They just released Urban Empire and it isn't exactly getting stellar reviews. But it does look interesting.

I dodged a bullet with Urban Empire. Nasty game, totally un-supported by Kalypso.

Greybriar

I may regret it, but I pre-ordered Railway Empire while it is discounted 15%. But more important to me than the discount is the opportunity to play the beta version of the game. Normally I don't do betas or Early Access, but none of the railroad games I have purchased in the past couple of years look as good to me as Railway Empire does right now, in its beta state.

So far I am enjoying playing the Railway Empire beta. I hope the game becomes the latest and greatest railroad game--in other words the spiritual successor to Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

GB, its in my wishlist. Keep us uptodate on your thoughts and how its going.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

salazarus

I've played beta a little and I have to say this is the best railroad game since RT3. It's not perfect. There are some things that need improvements, but it is a very enjoyable game. And with some expansions and DLC it could be great one.

Grim.Reaper

I'll also be keeping my eye on this one, would love for it to be a good game....a little hesitant with this publisher and with the beta costing over $40, little more than I want to invest right now.

Greybriar

Quote from: OJsDad on November 27, 2017, 07:20:33 PM
GB, its in my wishlist. Keep us uptodate on your thoughts and how its going.

Thank you for thinking of me. I would love to keep you updated on the progress of Railway Empire, but unfortunately it is forbidden for me to discuss it anywhere except on the beta forum. But please believe me when I say you would be better off watching recent videos about the beta version of the game on YouTube anyway.

Grim.Reaper

Is there still an embargo on feedback?  Seems like a lot of folks talking on youtube and such.  If not, any feedback from the group?

Noticed on GMG you can pick up for $32 now (and I have heard people say can even get into beta from purchasing from GMG -- but I can't confirm myself)....but sale ends in about 11 hours.  This publisher still concerns me but would love for it to be a good game.  To get the sale price, you would need to access GMG's VIP area and listed there,

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/railway-empire-pc/