Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

me too

Civ style city expansion as the borders push out - oooooooooooo!

land and naval unit combos!!

unit cam, ramming speed, weight to power understandings!!!

battlefield capture points!!

im spent

Sir Slash

Uhhh... Do you mean me? Or the game? Cause I'm easy but spoken for.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

By the by, here's the video for those too lazy to look for it: 

The interviewer comes off as idiotic and/or completely clueless about the TW series, but there's still some good footage & commentary by the CA guy. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

Love the look of the campaign map, btw.  Also, is it just me, or are the battle maps even larger than in Shogun 2

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on June 14, 2013, 05:20:13 AM
Love the look of the campaign map, btw.  Also, is it just me, or are the battle maps even larger than in Shogun 2?

i think the guy said in the interview that they were bigger maps

for me, and i didnt even know about them, i think battlefield capture points are a great idea

Gusington

The capture points remind me of the original King Arthur game. They added a new layer of tactics and I mostly enjoyed having them but you had to really pay attention or your opposition could win quickly. I wonder if capture points will be optional?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

That campaign map looks gorgeous.  I can't wait for this to come out as Rome: TW was my favorite of the series.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Yeah it does look really great, shiny and fluid.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Land and naval combat simultaneously? I may have to grow another arm. ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 14, 2013, 10:21:46 AM
Land and naval combat simultaneously? I may have to grow another arm. ;)

cant think why they never did this before - seems a great idea for coastal battles

Gusington

They took a little baby step towards that in Fall of the Samurai with shore bombardment, which I love.

This is a whole new level though...the galleys look bad asstastic.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Martok on June 14, 2013, 05:20:13 AM
Love the look of the campaign map, btw.  Also, is it just me, or are the battle maps even larger than in Shogun 2?

Wow!  Thanks for the link to the video.  The game looks awesome.  I especially like the oar-smashing and then ramming another quinquereme
move by the big ship with a tower on it.

solops

Well, it is $60 now and I will not pay that. I'll wait a couple of years and get it at a reasonable price. By then it should be debugged.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin