Main Menu

Recent posts

GameTalk / Re: The Art of Conflict 5.0
Last post by PopeFrancis - December 04, 2019, 08:31:20 PM
Quote from: tomlowshang on December 04, 2019, 08:18:47 PM
Quote from: PopeFrancis on December 04, 2019, 05:50:52 PM
I like the idea of using XML files because I want us to use plain english where it's possible to do that to avoid any confusion down the road. 
I'm going register a nay for XML. While it is plain text, the mark up makes it hard to read and edit by hand, which will be necessary until an editor exists. JSON or YAML are better choices from a manual editing stand point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML
I agree that it's confusing.   I've never used JSON or YAML before.  I trust your opinion.

Last post by tomlowshang - December 04, 2019, 08:18:47 PM
Quote from: PopeFrancis on December 04, 2019, 05:50:52 PM
I like the idea of using XML files because I want us to use plain english where it's possible to do that to avoid any confusion down the road. 
I'm going register a nay for XML. While it is plain text, the mark up makes it hard to read and edit by hand, which will be necessary until an editor exists. JSON or YAML are better choices from a manual editing stand point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML
Last post by PopeFrancis - December 04, 2019, 08:12:06 PM
QuoteI have a spare NAS that I think I can use to set up a forum, although it might take me awhile because I've never set one up before.  Unless someone has a better idea?
WTF is an NAS? 

Is this too "naval" to use as a splash screen?
Last post by PopeFrancis - December 04, 2019, 08:07:27 PM
Oh.  Okay.  This is my 4th post and they aren't there now.  That's a good thing.  I sent a PM to the moderator for no reason it turn out.  Sorry dude.
Last post by tomlowshang - December 04, 2019, 07:58:28 PM
Quote from: PopeFrancis on December 04, 2019, 07:56:18 PM
Here's what I see when I try to post something.
The questions go away after three posts. Don't sweat it. Anti-spam measure are very common on forums these days.
Last post by PopeFrancis - December 04, 2019, 07:56:18 PM
Here's what I see when I try to post something.  Anybody know how to make the attached picture full size?
Last post by 76mm - December 04, 2019, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2019, 07:24:40 PM
there should be no question that must be answered in order to post, only in order to register
Actually ffter registering, to post I have to type in the CAPTCHA and then answer various dumb questions...
Last post by 76mm - December 04, 2019, 07:47:53 PM
76mm checking in here.  Let's start by creating a roster of interested people with names, e-mails, relevant skills and what you'd like to work on?  To avoid spam bots, let's avoiding posting that data in this thread...you can send the info to me and I'll compile the roster.

Also, sooner rather than later we'll need another github account, and some kind of forum would be nice.  I have a spare NAS that I think I can use to set up a forum, although it might take me awhile because I've never set one up before.  Unless someone has a better idea?

Has anyone started to develop an outline of issues to be fleshed out?
Last post by Jarhead0331 - December 04, 2019, 07:24:40 PM
there should be no question that must be answered in order to post, only in order to register and that, is an unfortunate necessity. Have never heard anyone complain that it is too onerous in the past. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Last post by SirAndrewD - December 04, 2019, 06:52:15 PM
Quote from: tomlowshang on December 04, 2019, 06:48:46 PM
I expect the anti-bot stuff will go away once we have more posts.

When the Robot revolt begins, it won't be because the Grogs were asleep at the wheel. 

We're the last line of defense from mankind becoming slaves to the machines, and don't you forget it.