Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on September 08, 2019, 09:16:11 AM
Nice series of screenshots Meng.  Are these singleplayer missions or is this co-op multiplayer?

These are all single player...basically I play in the editor.

W8taminute

Quote from: MengJiao on September 08, 2019, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 08, 2019, 09:16:11 AM
Nice series of screenshots Meng.  Are these singleplayer missions or is this co-op multiplayer?

These are all single player...basically I play in the editor.

Gotcha.  That's a good idea.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Don't know what mods they were using, but Rimmy and various friends played a Market-Garden map in Arma3 recently:

(Audio very NSFW, as usual.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 07, 2019, 10:02:02 PM

And elsewhere the Marine regiment of the French 2nd Armored gets rolling:

In contrast to an early patrol on Guadalcanal:

al_infierno

Wargame review on the new DLC: https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/arma-3-contact/

Seems pretty underwhelming, but I'll play through it regardless.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: al_infierno on September 10, 2019, 01:26:23 AM
Wargame review on the new DLC: https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/arma-3-contact/

Seems pretty underwhelming, but I'll play through it regardless.

The signals thing sounds interesting -- but a little above the scale of ARMA at least for WWII (where signals intelligence would be used at the divisional level or above).  I guess knocking out the other side's listening posts could be an objective (like the Australians did at Thompson's Post during second El Alamien when they captured most of the DAK's signals experts one night).

al_infierno

^ I do quite like the idea of that.  Great screenshots, btw -- moreso than the new DLC, they've been my inspiration to reinstall Arma 3 and load up some WW2 mods ;)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Millipede

I imagine that this has already been asked but... what are the good WWII mods.
Thanks.

MengJiao

Quote from: Millipede on September 10, 2019, 03:17:05 PM
I imagine that this has already been asked but... what are the good WWII mods.
Thanks.

I got faces of war which seems to include the remains of forgotten fronts plus Last Days of the Empire.  I also ended up with whatever GIEST is (I think by getting Osttruppen) and also the Czech 1938 army which also covers Germans for 1938-1945.  You end up with a ton of maps and plenty of infantry in all kinds of uniforms and the focus varies widely.  You can't get the US 2nd Infantry Division for example, but you can get lots of weird Ukranian and Kazak units.  I'm not sure what I'd recommend exactly.  The  maps are a mixed lot and the equipment is spotty and redundant at the same time.

Millipede

Excellent! Thank you very much. :notworthy:

JasonPratt

"COME BACK! I WANT TO SELL YOU WEED!"  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

"Glorrry, glory what a HELLUVA WAY TO DIE!"

JasonPratt

"ENEMIES OF THE IMMORTAL EMPEROR: YOU HAVE COME HERE TO DIE!" -- Rimmy doing the Imperial superweapon speech from Dawn of War.

Pete Dero

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/major-mass-effect-star-wars-mods-arma-3/

The Opposition Team has released two major mods for ArmA 3 on NexusMods. The first mod will get you into the universe of the Mass Effect. On the other hand, the second mod brings a huge number of models, weapons, ships, units and vehicles from all the Star Wars Episodes, stories and series.

Going into more details, Mass Effect Opposition will let you enjoy a cosmic adventure in the Mass Effect universe. Players will be carried across the galaxy, from the Protean Empire to the invasion of the Reapers in 2186. Players will fight in battle during the Krogan uprisings, and choose their side during the Morning War. Additionally, players will participate in the First Contact War and the Skyllian Blitz, repel the attack of the Geths on the Citadel and save the colonists from Collectors.

The Star Wars mod, on the other hand, adds 75+ weapons, 300+ uniforms, 12+ Alien races, 60+ Vehicles and Spaceships, 16+ Heroes, Force Lightning/Push/Jump /Heal, Lightsabers and 450+ Custom Objects. As such, and with this pack, players can create their own Star Wars scenarios in ArmA 3.

Do note that both Mass Effect Opposition requires CBA and Zombies and Demons. Star Wars Opposition also requires SWOP_ACE3, CBA and TASK_FORCE_RADIO. Also note that these mods are huge. The Mass Effect Total Conversion Mod is 3.1GB in size, whereas the Star Wars Mod is 6.6GB in size.

https://www.nexusmods.com/arma3/mods/21?tab=files
https://www.nexusmods.com/arma3/mods/20?tab=files

Jarhead0331

These have been around for a long time. The Star Wars one is very cool. I think I posted about it somewhere in the deep dark depths of this thread.

EDIT: it used to be available through the workshop on steam...is that no longer the case? For some reason, there is always so much drama and controversy surrounding star wars mods.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18