Strategic Command Classic competition

Started by Boggit, May 08, 2018, 03:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I'm playing against Shelldrake for Round 4, but I haven't done Round 3 yet. (I think I defaulted in favor of Round 2.)

....uh, I'm playing him when I remember he sent me his turn.  :-[ I'll get back into synch eventually.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Millipede

I'm still in and while giving me max points for forfeitures would be nice :-", I'd much prefer that those remaining have an equal shot at winning so if it's possible to realign opponents that would be good.

Yskonyn

Millipede contacted me.
He made a good point about something that I had missed: there actually is a price to be won here. I am not sure how I have missed that but I'll take my responsibility and continue fighting to give everyone a fair chance on the win. Sorry for the ruckus.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Sorry, have been in a mess since i moved in august...it should slowly get better.

Shelldrake

Anguille just contacted me so we will be starting our match as soon as I get my turn done (I go first). JP and I have our match started and Father Ted and I are continuing with our match.

Still no word from Ethel the Frog so I will reach out to him again.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Yskonyn

Millipede and Jason both send me the Stalin Drives West scenario. I was already playing this with Millipede so I think the shuffling of things might have raised an error in scenario pickings.
Jason and I should be playing a scenario from Weapons and Warfare as that's the title I am not yet playing in this tournament.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 04, 2018, 08:39:23 AM
Millipede and Jason both send me the Stalin Drives West scenario. I was already playing this with Millipede so I think the shuffling of things might have raised an error in scenario pickings.
Jason and I should be playing a scenario from Weapons and Warfare as that's the title I am not yet playing in this tournament.
I have received Yskonyn's 2nd turn so we aren't that far into our game and if restarting with a different scenario helps... I don't have a problem with that. As he stated, we're playing "Stalin Drives West" and he's playing the vicious blood sucking communist horde and I'm playing the defenders of world freedom. O:-) ::)

Boggit

Good. It looks like things are taking shape. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Ethel the Frog

I didn't realize I was in this tournament.  Shelldrake wants to play, and I am happy to do so. 

I am looking around for a "code from Boggit", but don't see one.  Do I need the code?  What for? 

Ethel the Frog

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Shelldrake

Ethel the Frog and I have finished our match - I claimed a German victory in a well fought game.

My matches with Father Ted, Anguille, and JasonPratt continue.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

ludi1867

I am (sort of) playing Father Ted in Stalin Drives west.  I have not seen a turn in a while!

Boggit

Congrats to Shell drawing equal with Iudi1867 in second place. Meanwhile commiserations to EtheltheFrog, but hey, it's just getting going for you! ;)

Round 1
Weapons and Warfare - 1941-45 Battle for Russia

Millipede (Axis) = 3
Nelmsm (Soviet) =1
Cyrano (Axis) = 1
Iudi1867 (Soviet) = 3
Ethel the Frog (Axis) = 0
Yskonyn (Soviet) = 0
Father Ted (Axis) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0
JasonPratt (Axis) = 1
Shelldrake (Soviet) = 3

Round 2
Patton Drives East - Stalin Drives West

Millipede (Soviet) = 6
Iudi1867 (Allies) = 1
Father Ted (Soviet) = 0
Shelldrake (Allies) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
JasonPratt (Soviet) = 0
Yskonyn (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0

Round 3
Pacific Theater - 1944-45 Philippines

Shelldrake (Allies) = 5
Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan) = 1
Ethel the Frog (Allies) = 0
Father Ted (Imperial Japan) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
JasonPratt (Imperial Japan) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
Yskonyn (Imperial Japan) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 1
Millipede (Imperial Japan) = 5

Round 4

Shelldrake (Axis) = 3
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) = 1
Anguille (Axis) = 0
JasonPratt (Soviet) = 0
Yskonyn (Axis) = 0
Cyrano (Soviet) = 0
Nelmsm (Axis) = 0
Father Ted  (Soviet) = 0
Iudi1867(Axis) = 1
Millipede (Soviet) = 3

Round 5

Yskonyn (Soviet) = 0
Millipede(Allies) = 0
Iudi1867 (Soviet) = 0
Father Ted (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Soviet) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Allies) = 0
Shelldrake (Soviet) = 0
JasonPratt (Allies) = 0
Nelmsm (Soviet) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 0

Round 6

JasonPratt (Allies) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Imperial Japan) = 0
Father Ted  (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Imperial Japan) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 0
Shelldrake (Imperial Japan) = 0
Iudi1867 (Allies) = 5
Nelmsm (Imperial Japan) = 1
Yskonyn (Allies) = 0
Millipede (Imperial Japan) = 0

Overall Score

Millipede = 17
Iudi1867 = 11
Shelldrake = 11
Anguille = 1
Nelmsm =2
Cyrano = 1
Ethel the Frog = 1
Yskonyn = 0
Father Ted = 0
JasonPratt = 1

Scoring values

Round 1/4
Victory = 3 points
Draw=2 points
Loss=1 point

Round 2/5
Soviet Decisive Victory = 6 points
Soviet Major Victory = 5 points
Soviet Minor Victory = 4 points
Allied Major Victory = 5 points
Allied Minor Victory = 4 points
Draw = 2 points Soviet, 3 points Allied
Loss = 1 point

Round 3/6
Japanese Major Victory = 5 points
Allied Major Victory = 5 points
Allied Minor Victory = 4 points
Draw = 2 points Allied, 3 Points Japanese
Loss 1 point

Boggit

Quote from: ludi1867 on October 22, 2018, 02:07:35 PM
I am (sort of) playing Father Ted in Stalin Drives west.  I have not seen a turn in a while!
Try emailing or PM'ing him. It may have just fallen under his radar.