Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Barthheart

Quote from: airboy on September 09, 2017, 11:59:24 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 08, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Yeah....  :(

Sorry you can't go.  I owe you beers for sending me that game.

Don't be too sorry for me, we're going to England instead. 2019 I should be back.

airboy

Quote from: Barthheart on September 10, 2017, 06:14:23 AM

Don't be too sorry for me, we're going to England instead. 2019 I should be back.

Where in England?  I've not been to the Imperial War Museum since the last reworking of the exhibits.  The Tank Museum in Bovington is amazing.

There is a huge statue of thanks to Canada just outside of Buckingham Palace erected after WW1.  The Brits have not been tearing their statues down.

Barthheart

Quote from: airboy on September 11, 2017, 09:24:18 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 10, 2017, 06:14:23 AM

Where in England?  I've not been to the Imperial War Museum since the last reworking of the exhibits.  The Tank Museum in Bovington is amazing.

There is a huge statue of thanks to Canada just outside of Buckingham Palace erected after WW1.  The Brits have not been tearing their statues down.

My wife's family are SE of London. That'll be our base. We want to a couple days in London,go north to Scotland, maybe stop and see Bob on the way if he'll have us.
I've not been the Imperial War Museum since 84 and have never been to Bovington. I'll try to convince my wife of the imperative to visit those.

BanzaiCat

Barth, check out the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow, as wel as the Royal Fusilier Museum too. Check the hours of operation for the latter, though. Both are not that far apart - they're within walking distance in fact.

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 12, 2017, 08:19:32 AM
Barth, check out the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow, as wel as the Royal Fusilier Museum too. Check the hours of operation for the latter, though. Both are not that far apart - they're within walking distance in fact.
O0

rickbill

bob48

Vance, Bovington is a must, although I've not been for many a year. And hopefully a stop off in Newcastle for a cuppa whilst on the way to Scotland  :bd:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Quote from: bob48 on October 19, 2017, 04:50:35 PM
Vance, Bovington is a must, although I've not been for many a year. And hopefully a stop off in Newcastle for a cuppa whilst on the way to Scotland  :bd:

Newcastle? My great grandparents were from Cambois.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Not that far then  :)

Its a bit further up the coast from Blyth, so maybe about 20 miles or so from me.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Quote from: bob48 on October 19, 2017, 04:55:47 PM
Not that far then  :)

Its a bit further up the coast from Blyth, so maybe about 20 miles or so from me.

I've always wanted to have a look at that area. I'll have to remember you are close by if I ever get back across the pond.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: rickbill on September 24, 2017, 11:39:05 PM
I plan to be there

huzzah!  we could really use you :)

of course, you're a perfectly nice dude to hang out with, too!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

I have hotel reservations and have volunteered for official duty.  :cowboy:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus