Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Cyrano on November 20, 2017, 09:36:28 PM
It galls me that I need to reserve a room this flipping early, but I really should get around to that.

@Brant:  Re: Commitment to playing one game, "they" are coming for sure, right?

Wow, I would have thought it would be too late by now. I snagged a room as soon as they started taking reservations.  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

I've for whatever reason abandoned hope of being close a couple years ago.

The family and I stay at the Hyatt Place not too far away and we've never had a problem.

Free breakfast is nice, parking is included, and the walk is now familiar.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

airboy

If I drive to Origins (highly likely) I'm going to take a sack of books with me.  I have horrible allergies and paperbacks are printed on cheap paper which deteriorates over time.  I've been discarding physical books and picking up ebooks.  Ah, the sweet, sweet non-smell of electrons.

Anyway, I'll drop off the books at the Grogheads booth (if Brant allows) and let people pick up what they will.  As we get closer to Origins and I'm confirmed that I'll be driving, I'll post a list and people can preclaim and/or nerd fight over them.

airboy

I've just submitted "Baltimore Gang War" for the rogue Cthulhu track at origins.

Those with a firm grip on their sanity are welcome to play!

bbmike

Quote from: airboy on February 06, 2018, 08:54:29 PM
I've just submitted "Baltimore Gang War" for the rogue Cthulhu track at origins.

Those with a firm grip on their sanity are welcome to play!

Could you put that in English or Haiku?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Larry Correia (Monster Hunter International, Grim Noir series) will be coming to Origins.

I hope he will have a signing, but he is an avid gamer and may just be there to play.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think he'll be there to pimp his new Monster Hunter RPG and minis-combat games.

airboy

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 08, 2018, 09:49:19 AM
I think he'll be there to pimp his new Monster Hunter RPG and minis-combat games.

Quite possibly, but he is also an avid gamer.  His kids are also.

Cyrano

I think Origins 2018 will be trousers-mandatory.

Floating that out there for further deliberation.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Cyrano on February 11, 2018, 10:33:57 PM

I'm out.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on February 11, 2018, 10:34:34 PM

I'm out.

Who's gonna teach me Fields of Despair?
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on February 12, 2018, 06:25:43 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 11, 2018, 10:34:34 PM

I'm out.

Who's gonna teach me Fields of Despair?

Didn't you buy it?! You should be playing it already!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

^Yeah, but it's so far down the list to play that the shrink wrap is still on it.  :-[
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on February 12, 2018, 06:43:25 AM
^Yeah, but it's so far down the list to play that the shrink wrap is still on it.  :-[

Cyrano

See, Vader is wearing pants and has no legs!

Be like Vader.