Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Hotel block is live, though not openly advertised yet.

There's already people calling the Hilton and referencing "Origins 2018" and getting the $149 rate, which is stupid cheap.  But those are going to go very fast, so call ASAP

(614) 384-8600
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 01, 2017, 12:05:05 PM
Hotel block is live, though not openly advertised yet.

There's already people calling the Hilton and referencing "Origins 2018" and getting the $149 rate, which is stupid cheap.  But those are going to go very fast, so call ASAP

(614) 384-8600

I just tried, and the room block is not open yet.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 01, 2017, 02:14:01 PM
I just tried, and the room block is not open yet.

after I posted that, GAMA put some info out thru Facebook about the block opening next week.  So I think they got wind of the Hilton booking people early, and shut it down.  Sorry :(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

airboy

Well, that sort of sucked.  I ended up getting a room in the Marriott Courtyard because my first 3 choices were booked.

bbmike

Booked a room at the Hyatt for $149.00/night for the entire convention. You know, in case someone wants me to run Fields of Despair for Grogheads.  :-"   :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Yeah, Brant.  How do you turn down free labor?!  That volunteers for enforced servitude, no less!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Probably going to need him. Likely missing Barth next year

Barthheart

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Is Barth's team at work planning on ripping a hole in the T-S continuum that weekend and transporting their town back to 1600's Germany?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 09, 2017, 08:26:53 AM
Is Barth's team at work planning on ripping a hole in the T-S continuum that weekend and transporting their town back to 1600's Germany?

No... but your house could end up on Ceti Alpha 5.....

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys