Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

OK guys - start making your plans and/or excuses* now...

* yes, BC, we're looking at you
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Let me figure out the gestation period on a human being.

mirth

I'm still recovering from Origins 2017.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Bison on June 21, 2017, 07:25:07 PM

Little late now, innit?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 21, 2017, 07:32:36 PM
Quote from: Bison on June 21, 2017, 07:25:07 PM

Little late now, innit?

Oh...right.  Damn you science!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

I will be there dependent on the usual factors completely out of my control.  Once verified, I will commence the browbeating of any of you backsliders and on-the-fencers.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I'm going to do my best. I have no idea how I'll pull the logistics/financing off but I'll try to, regardless. I'll definitely have to room with someone/sleep on a couch or floor.

airboy

Attending if at all possible.  My wife may go with me this time.

bayonetbrant

Front page countdown timer is updated - only 50 weeks and change to go :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

I'm going and Ill be running a pulp cthulhu scenario.  I've got it about 40% written.  I'll tell you guys which one and when it will run after I learn this.

airboy

Since I'm way ahead of the game this year.  What hotels do you guys recommend for Origins that are within walking distance of the show?  I have that option this year, although parking out at the airport and driving in was not a problem except for the Gay Pride parade day.

MetalDog

It's my understanding that the hotels that are close, the Hyatt, Hampton Inn, etc. get snapped up shortly after the current con is finished.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on July 23, 2017, 01:36:17 PM
It's my understanding that the hotels that are close, the Hyatt, Hampton Inn, etc. get snapped up shortly after the current con is finished.

Origins website claims that the group rates on the hotels will come available in September.

bayonetbrant

Get the Hampton if you can. It's actually the one that's closest to where we are, and you get free breakfast with it