Imperator Rome is not dead (New Patch) and is probably my favorite Paradox game.

Started by Tanaka, April 11, 2024, 06:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanaka

And I highly suggest you try the Imperator Invictus mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532715348

Beta Patch Update (April 11th 2024)
From Paradox forums

New Update to Open Beta

There is a new branch 2.0.4-old with the previous version that is available NOW!

#######################
# Bugfixes
######################

# Game Mechanic
- Fixed bug where temp modifiers were removed when provinces are annexed as part of a civil war
- Fix a bug when using add_to_war effect, adding a defender would always make it the war leader

# Effects
- Added set_player_country effect to allow modders to swtich the player's country
- Added add_deity_to_pantheon effect to allow deities outside of the allowed pool to a country's pantheon
- Added set_automated_trading effect to enable/disable state automated trading
- Added set_governor_policy effect to change governor policy
- Added unlock_invention effect to directly unlock a invention for free (without checking preconditions)
- Added add_trade_route and remove_trade_route effects to add and remove trade routes, respectively

# Triggers
- Added is_automated_trading trigger to check if a state has automated trading set
- Added distance_from trigger to check the distance between a province and another province, state (capital) or country (capital)
- Added can_unlock_invention to check if an invention can be unlocked by country (optionally ignoring cost, dependencies and potential trigger)
- Added can_add_trade_route to check if a trade route can be added.

# Other
- Added a modifier cultural_assimilation_speed_modifier, which changes the assimilation speed. Assimilation speed less than 0 prevents assimilation.
- Added a property for subject types to allow them to bypass usual subject diplomatic limitations for declaring war (allowed_to_declare_war_against_others). This is not enabled by default for the base game. To fully enable this to work you'll also need to change the allow triggers for wargoals

Integrated fixes provided by the Invictus team:
Thank you Imperator: Invictus Mod Development team with highlight to Robbe Vander Kerken (aka Snowlet) & Nathaniel Van Drei (aka Dementive)

# Achievements:
- Fixed the Great Destroyer achievement being impossible to obtain
- Fixed Cincinattus achievement being impossible to obtain

# Governor policy:
- Switched to more efficient iterator: any_integrated_culture
- AI will no longer attempt the religious conversion governor policy when they have major syncretism

# Inventions:
- Switched to more efficient iterator: any_integrated_culture

# Missions:
- Fixed broken tooltip in Strategic Fastness Antigonid task
- Fixed broken AI triggers in Carthaginian missions
- Fixed Hannid character not being put into the Hannid family
- Fixed AI carthage not paying for the city in Cypriot Opportunities task
- Fixed Experienced Shipwrights being impossible to complete as it requires impassable territories
- Added missing ai_mission_back_out_trigger and start_mission_ai_effect in missions
- Macedonian missions now account for Imperial Cult government type
- Fixed province investment checks not account for Spartan investments
- Addex extra sanity checks to Macedonian missions
- Fixed several Macedonian task triggers not working
- Fixed Roman AI not getting claims upon Aquitania
- Fixed Protector of the Aegean Sea not highligting subjects correctly

# Character interactions:
- Fixed still being able to bribe mercenaries from countries with the Mercenary Benefits invention

# Unit Abilities:
- Optimized check for Barca Legion from Forced march

# Events:
- Fixed released countries not having a primary culture
- Fixed missing 'equals' characters in the scripts
- Fixed wrongly set global variable for the parthian invasion
- Fixed Antigonid capital being incorrectly set upon collapsing
- Fixed Mithradaic events not properly unlocking Pontus content
- Fixed Arsaces being able to spawn twice
- Fixed ruler not appearing in Carthaginian Iberian events
- Deleted extra dot from opinion modifier in Roman Greece missions
- Fixed Eastern Empire mission not triggering if you only have land in Macedonia
- Fixed duplicated ai_chance blocks in Western Greek missions
- Added sanity checks to ports being built through effect
- Fixed league of Korinthos not properly annexing subjects
- Fixed Serapis sanctuary taking 36 and not 360 days to be built
- Added failsafe in Egyptian character creation for events
- Fixed wrong tooltip for opinion modifier in Cities of Greece task
- Fixed Epirus subjugating themselves in the Magna Graecian missions
- Fixed Pax Epirum potentially spamming the error log
- Fixed characters befriending themselves
- Fixed desecration event opinion tooltip showing the wrong country
- Fixed broken modifier duration in Armenian events
- Fixed politics events using incorrect syntax to check countries in diplomatic range
- Fixed Republic event incorrectly checking for party scopes
- Fixed Cretan event occasionally annexing the world
- Fixed Co-Consuls being deposed by going to the olympics
- Fixed most prestigious family fading into obscurity
- Fixed startup events not pointing to your country
- Fixed error log spam from a dead character losing health

# GUI:
- Removed unused GUI types from GUI files making the GUI editor more stable
- select_import_destination.gui changed the y size of a scrollarea to remain within the window
- Replaced 4 buttons in console.gui that crash the game with useful buttons for modding
- portrait_editor_window made it possible to move the window and made all features usable

# Shaders:
- Changed gfx/FX/coat_of_arms/coat_of_arms_textured_emblem.shader so textured emblems actually work, re-added their red channel which was accidentally removed.

# Localization:
- Fixed loads of spelling errors
- Fixed various grammatical errors
- Fixed Agriana being called Agrianaa
- Fixed Ati Muwer being referred to as a male
- Fixed missing apostrophe in 'Attar
- Fixed capitalization issues
- Fixed loyalty icon not appearing
- Removed extra spaces after names

# Various fixes:
- Commented out lines triggering non-existent events
- Fixed AI Rome not getting claims on Central Gaul
- Fixed Anoint heir checking for a commented out law
- Fixed Forced March checking for a non-existent terrain type
- Added many missing equal signs
- Replaced errorous 7 character with "{"
- Fixed missions checking for "mountains" instead of "mountain"
- Fixed "[" being used instead of "{" in effect syntax
- Fixed Elephantina being unobtainable due to checking for "warelephants" instead of "warelephant" unit
- Fixed Ferrata being unobtainable due to checking for "heavy_infrantry" instead of "heavy_infantry" unit
- Fixed Antigonid events in rare cases triggering a non-existent event
- Fixed League of Korinthos forming while the player is a subject of Macedon in Greece triggering the wrong event
- Fixed non-existent Rhodes sacking event being triggered
- Fixed Carthaginian naval dominance missions checking for non-existent region
- Fixed Thracian and Roman events improperly checking for Galatia region
- Fixed Oinoandia coat of arms having a wrongly defined colour
- Fixed cancelling the Death to Tyrants mission potentially finding a wrong character to put as ruler
- Fixed edge-case where recruiting a character could raise an error
- Fixed using the omen effect on Daniel having wrong syntax
- Fixed Apotheosis manpower and money effects not having a minimum setup properly
- Fixed several wrongly defined minimum and maximums
- Fixed Daring trait not increasing likelihood of injuries
- Fixed "Forced Smiles" event where Commander demands an office for a friend not triggering and not being updated to account for Governors
- Fixed wrong areas being selected in for loyalty hit in event where Governor demands they adapt to local mannerisms
- Fixed "Learning from experience" event potentially selecting a party leader and being impossible for non-republics to trigger
- Fixed several minor edge-case and syntax issues in generic infrastructure mission events
- Fixed Carthaginian trade mission events showing the wrong character
- Fixed unneeded if's in monarchy events
- Fixed "Crisis in X" event attempting to show too many characters
- Fixed Rapax and Improba distinctions never triggering
- Fixed broken edge-case tooltip in Install Philokles decision
- Fixed Egyptian marriage event potentialyl failing to find a Thracian bride
- Ensured else_if was properly used instead of using else, if
- In common\loyalty\00_events.txt line 2876 was `ymonths`, it has been changed to `months`
- In events\storms.txt there were 2 checks for `is_in_region = areas`, the areas region does not exist so these lines were removed
- In common\modifiers\00_from_events_province.txt there were a few modifiers with like `local_population_happiness = -0.1.0` that I removed the extra decimal point from.
- The monthly_tarentum_war_pulse on_action incorrectly used is_in_region = carthage_area which is an area not a region, I changed it to africa_region.
- Fix great_work_template_06 being used in gw_ai_build even though it was removed
- Fix italia_region being used instead of central_italy_region in greek missions 4
- Fix missing = in make_subject effect in 01_seleukid_missions_03_anatolia.txt and in events/me_seleukid_03_anatolia.txt
- Fix missing closing bracket in script_values/00_army_values.txt
- Fix missing = on line 578 of script_values/00_mission_egypt.txt
- Fix is_in_region = tripolitania_occidentalis_area in script_values/00_missions.txt, changed to is_in_area.
- Fix bugged is_in_area = carthage_area check in dhe_dde_pyrhus.txt events file
- Fix block of code incorrectly placed inside of a random_list effect in events/governor_policies.txt line 657
- Fix incorrectly spelled colors in coat_of_arms/00_pre_scripted_countries.txt
- Remove change_country_color = "median_color" line from form_media decisions because median_color does not exist
- Remove duplicate modifier = {} blocks from military traditions in 00_latin, 00_persian, and 00_persian_2
- Fix ai_build_city_pay_price_effect being used in area scope instead of country scope in 01_spartan_missions_02_peloponnesus.txt
- Fix incorrect use of is_culture trigger in modifiers/00_triggered_character_modifiers.txt
- Remove duplicate script values in 00_mission_antigonid, 00_mission_carthage, and 00_mission_epirus
- Fix incorrect scope for fam:40 used in scripted_effects/00_dde_pyrrhus_effects
- Fix incorrect scope for has_same_family trigger in scripted_effects/00_on_action_effects
- Fix incorrect usage of unit_owner scope in scripted_guis/desecrate_holy_site.txt
- Remove duplicate map = yes field in civilian_road_building.txt
- Change floor = 1 to proper use with floor = yes in unit_abilities/pillage.txt
- Fix incorrect scope for owns_or_subject_owns on line 624 of dhe_macedon.txt
- Fix usage of has_culture_group instead of country_culture_group in dhe_judea.txt
- Fix incorrect use of country scope in right_portrait fields of events in country_diplomacy.txt
- Fix left_portrait = yes in me_roman_2_provincia.txt
- Fix use of [ instead of { in me_greek_2_greece.txt
- Fix use of has_province_modifier instead of has_character_modifier on line 547 of rel_flavor_buddhist
- Fix incorrect scoping to head_of_family in royal_marriage.txt
- Fix missing = on line 279 of characterwindow.gui
- Fix missing = on line 246 of messages.gui
- Fix missing = on line 189 of multi_unit_window.gui
- Fix missing bracket in culture_view.gui and government_view.gui for the top level base_window block
- Fix too many decimals in debug_menus.gui line 649
- Fix too many decimals in multiplayer_lobby.gui
- Fix broken block of brackets at the bottom of game_configuration.gui
- Remove extra } at the end of overview_view.gui
- Fix missing bracket in select_fabricate_claim.gui line 77
- Remove extra bracket from the end of select_target_character.gui and create_social_profile_window.gui
- Fix missing bracket errors in gw_tower_03_bottom.asset and female_clothes_iberian_3.asset asset files
- Fix missing = in frontend_mainview, frontend_singleplayer, loadscreen, and progressbar_idler
- Fix incorrect spelling of GetNameWithNoTooltip function in shared/cooltip.gui

Gusington

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being impossible...how difficult is Imperator for newbs?  :Nerd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

rss334

Quote from: Gusington on April 11, 2024, 08:12:42 PMOn a scale of 1-10, 10 being impossible...how difficult is Imperator for newbs?  :Nerd:

Well, I just tried it and started as Thrace - apparently I start at war with Thracia just to the North of me.  I raised my armies which included a legion, but could not figure out how to move anyone.  The legions appeared on the map but were unclickable.   I remember playing this years ago and you would move units around, I don't think it's automated combat but in 20 minutes I could not figure it out :(   On to the next game.

Tanaka

Quote from: Gusington on April 11, 2024, 08:12:42 PMOn a scale of 1-10, 10 being impossible...how difficult is Imperator for newbs?  :Nerd:

Have you played other Paradox games? Very similar.

Tanaka

Quote from: rss334 on April 11, 2024, 10:24:01 PM

Well, I just tried it and started as Thrace - apparently I start at war with Thracia just to the North of me.  I raised my armies which included a legion, but could not figure out how to move anyone.  The legions appeared on the map but were unclickable.   I remember playing this years ago and you would move units around, I don't think it's automated combat but in 20 minutes I could not figure it out :(   On to the next game.

Just loaded up Thrace and I have no issues moving.

rss334

Quote from: Tanaka on April 11, 2024, 10:38:19 PM
Quote from: rss334 on April 11, 2024, 10:24:01 PM

Just loaded up Thrace and I have no issues moving.

Thank you, I just loaded a new game and yes I now have the flag/army bars at the bottom of the units now and was able to select them and move them.  Not sure what happened, first time I opened the game in a while maybe something did not load on the first start???   Thank you for double checking this I'm not sure I would have gone back to it but now want to check it out again. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Tanaka....is the Invictus mod compatible with the new patch update? 

Tanaka

rwenstrup

Since Paradox games take a while to complete ... do you disable automatic update when you play a game so that the mods don't become outdated? I've often had a setup become obsolete because of an update ...

rss334

Quote from: rwenstrup on April 13, 2024, 09:50:49 PMSince Paradox games take a while to complete ... do you disable automatic update when you play a game so that the mods don't become outdated? I've often had a setup become obsolete because of an update ...

About the only positive thing I can say is all their games I know of allow you to revert to prior versions in the beta tabs.  Not sure what it would do to a save when you load it after a patch and it crashes then go back to a prior version and reload, doubt it corrupts it but I don't know.