Take On Mars -- manned mission added

Started by steve58, June 12, 2013, 09:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Bohemia takes on the Red Planet.  Looks pretty interesting and for only for $13, I doubt I'll be able to resist.  Seems like a lot of interest in Mars lately from the gaming industry...

The Czech simulationists are off to the red planet. Their next "Take On" game will be Take On Mars, which puts you in the position of remote Mars explorer-person, "allowing you to control the various, fully simulated mobile Rovers and stationary Landers.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/12/bohemia-have-decided-to-take-on-mars/#more-156271

http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-mars
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

RooksBailey

Only $13?  Count me in!

I am excited to see gaming rediscover the space science genre!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

MengJiao

Quote from: steve58 on June 12, 2013, 09:23:27 AM
Bohemia takes on the Red Planet.  Looks pretty interesting and for only for $13, I doubt I'll be able to resist.  Seems like a lot of interest in Mars lately from the gaming industry...

The Czech simulationists are off to the red planet. Their next "Take On" game will be Take On Mars, which puts you in the position of remote Mars explorer-person, "allowing you to control the various, fully simulated mobile Rovers and stationary Landers.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/12/bohemia-have-decided-to-take-on-mars/#more-156271

http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-mars

Brilliant!!!!!

son_of_montfort

Seriously, for 13$ it seems like a sure-fire buy, particularly because it looks pretty awesome!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MengJiao

Quote from: son_of_montfort on June 25, 2013, 10:40:14 AM
Seriously, for 13$ it seems like a sure-fire buy, particularly because it looks pretty awesome!

I got this today.  Kind of atmospheric.  I like it, but wow!  Very nutty.  And very alpha or whatever it is.

steve58

I did notice Steam downloaded an update to Take on Mars yesterday, but didn't check it out.  Looks like I have something to look forward to this weekend.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/16/aha-take-on-mars-adds-manned-mission/#more-201771

Today's update lands the first human marsonauts to Take On Mars. With access to a manned science buggy, featuring an interactive 3D GUI, one of their first objectives will be to explore the huge new Cydonia Mensae location, which spans 8×8 kilometer of Martian terrain. A 3D printer enables marsonauts to construct various parts, which can be put together via the Habitat Construction System to form buildings and installations.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 23, 2013, 06:08:39 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on June 25, 2013, 10:40:14 AM

I got this today.  Kind of atmospheric.  I like it, but wow!  Very nutty.  And very alpha or whatever it is.

There was some kind of update recently involving Europa, growing your own vegetables, possible aliens and scuba gear.  I'm not sure about the details.  My four-year-old watched the trailer twice so it might be interesting.  Of course he also watched a newsreel about the Westland Whirlwind twice so Europa might have been a good break from that.  I asked him "What's going on on Europa?" and he said, "I'm not going to tell you."

Jarhead0331

It's a really good effort, but at the end of the day, it's just too clunky. If you've played Take on Helicopters, or the first ARMA, you'll know what I mean.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: MengJiao on February 20, 2018, 06:12:08 AMI asked him "What's going on on Europa?" and he said, "I'm not going to tell you."

Nice 2010 reference there! -- his response was amusingly appropriate, too (even presuming he hasn't seen 2010 yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!