Limit Theory - the space sim with no limits!

Started by Huw the Poo, November 24, 2012, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

son_of_montfort

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Staggerwing

True, but with all that macro-gravel nearby, K-T events are probably a biannual occurrence, at the least.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 17, 2013, 09:44:58 PM
True, but with all that macro-gravel nearby, K-T events are probably a biannual occurrence, at the least.

It is set in the same universe as Asteroids, apparently.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Freyland

A quick Google search shows that the developer disappeared for many months, and returned in May of this year, citing mental illness. However, updates are still absent.

Mr. Bigglesworth

So he's fucked off with 200 mill. This is a Groginatti mission.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on July 29, 2015, 02:29:26 PM
So he's fucked off with 200 mill. This is a Groginatti mission.

Um, 200 million?  Where the hell did you get that from?!  :uglystupid2:

He got 187K.  I've just spent some time trawling through the LT forum, and what I've found is this.  He burned out after three years of developing and posting pretty much daily updates.  He got sick - mentally - and disappeared for a few months while it was treated.  He came back at the end of May.  He's popped up a few times on the forum, most recently on 9th July (that's only three weeks ago) and says he's been coding steadily the whole time.  Apparently he shows up in IRC too.  He's still under treatment but still coding.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Ok then.

We will send petunias instead of an orbital strike.

steve58

Hope he's doing better and fully recovers.  That said, I'd also like to see LT get released...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on July 29, 2015, 02:44:45 PM
Hope he's doing better and fully recovers.  That said, I'd also like to see LT get released...

Heh, this pretty much sums it up for me.  I'm sympathetic, of course!  But I really wanna play the game..........

panzerde

I recall the speculation if a single developer could do something this ambitious when he first announced the game. Apparently the answer is "Not and stay sane."

I'd love to play the game, but not at the cost of the developer's health.

Maybe we should find him and teach him to drink?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Ha! I bought in as well...

"There, there... it will all be fine. :)

Now, where's my frakkin' game?!?"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

a bit of an update in the LT forums

Sounds like 2 steps back and 1 step forward.  He re-wrote the engine to hopefully speed progress up.

@Huw - I think you need to re-title this thread to something more like "Limit Theory - the space sim with no release in sight!"
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)