Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Was playing around in creative mode, and the new turret guns are great. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

I didn't have a 16 update when I checked this morning.  :(

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Bison on June 11, 2017, 06:14:34 PM
I didn't have a 16 update when I checked this morning.  :(

Alpha 16 has just released.  Big update.  Will have to dip my toes back in....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

AZ, have you had a chance to dip your toes back in yet.  If so, what are your thoughts. 

Personally, I'm liking it. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I just cleared a Shamway.  There was a pharmacy in the back, which I don't remember there being one before.

Also, there were a few zombies sleeping.  I cleared the ones out of the front part of the store, had to go unload, and when I got back, the z's that I had cleared had respawned.  The loot that I had clear did not respawn though. 

OJsDad

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on July 15, 2017, 07:01:46 PM
AZ, have you had a chance to dip your toes back in yet.  If so, what are your thoughts. 

Personally, I'm liking it.

I jumped in for about 40 min over the weekend.  In general I liked it....but I got torn apart by two zombies that snuck up on me while I was chopping wood... was starting again and reality called....  So hope to get some more time in later this week.

One thing I do like...you can see buildings pretty far away now.  That makes all the difference.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

OJsDad

JasonPratt

Jeez, someone was on hard mode there without a target recticule!  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

I'm surprised there were no fliers.

"This would be a good time to go down and melee, shouldn't be any more cops coming." "... .....uh, I'll pass."

Started with not far from 300 explosive crossbolts. They were used.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

OJsDad

ArizonaTank

So, I tried some more...and the game reminded me that it is still "alpha". 

It is now more deadly than I like.  And at least with SP, you can't really turn down the number of zombie spawns.  Either off or on....  and "on" means they are all over.  I don't mind being chased like a frightened rabbit...but eventually I need a break from the stress.

The worst part was that I found a perfect home.  A small cave, that had been fortified.  I killed the zombies inside and started improving it.  Then zombies started spawning right in my cave.  One right after another.  I had three of them.  I'd kill one, just to have another come in.  So it's midnight and now I either have to go outside and hope for the best...cheat and turn off zombie spawns...or restart.

I'll do a restart...but I can't say I'm having fun in this new version yet.  However, I do like having shops around.

I know I sound like I don't like the game...but actually I still love it...  Still I may just have to wait until the next major release to get back into it.

But seriously, why is the game still in "alpha"?  After all, I have been playing this thing for 3 years...you'd think that gameplay would be more stable.  How it plays can still swing wildly from release to release.   
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

JasonPratt

Wow, that doesn't make sense to me: I've never had zeds spawn inside a cave system that I've cleared out, although when I started playing I had heard rumors that if you didn't keep the area underground lit then crawlers and various low-levels could spawn in.

-budd-

AT if you had a sleeping bag down there not supposed to spawn near it,I forget what the radius is. Yea the sleeper respawn bugs me, everywhere i temp base i have to drop a bag or they respawn all the time. especially don't like them respawning when there's no way in, closed roof hatch entrance and they still spawn inside. The stealth system still needs a bit of balance, i can sneak up and around and kill everything without trouble and im talking close range here. I'm ok with it still being alpha as there are things i'd still like to see added, #1 for me would be zombies only run when the player hits hunted mode, the dogs are like that don't know why the zombies cant have a setting for that. Them running all the time just bugs me and walking all the time is a little easy. I think they should focus on the world/map for a bit, game could use more interesting POI's, i really don't need all the traps and such. Wish there was a setting to turn off the 7 day horde, like to play without it sometimes, but i like to up the zombie spawn.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I was under the distinct impression that walking zombies moved faster on the hunt, even though not at 'run' speed per se. The base model Tier 2 zombie (I forget its name, it's the skinned looking thing), moves dang quick even on walking speed, once it's hunting.