Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on March 14, 2018, 01:56:55 PM
I don't think you'll find many people to defend the E.T. Atari game either. I played that game as a kid. It was the first time I learned a video game could totally suck.

Greatest game of all time.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 14, 2018, 03:38:55 PM
I don't think you'll find many people to defend the E.T. Atari game either. I played that game as a kid. It was the first time I learned a video game could totally suck.

Greatest game of all time.

You're drunk.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

At least the ET game looked like it belonged on the technology of the era.

Superman looked like an original NES game.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

That ET game was pretty bad graphics-wise, even by the standards of the day. And the game play was just atrocious.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

jamus34

It was pixels. and not even a lot of them.

I've had ass-wiped toilet paper look better than the Superman game.

mirth

Trust me, I'm not trying to defend N64 Superman.

jamus34

Fair enough.

I remember ET in that vague little kid way in that it existed but I do not recall if I actually played it.

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Father Ted

Jarhead0331

Isn't there a whole documentary based on the Atari ET game story? Apparently, it sucked so bad that Atari took all the copies of the game and buried them in a hidden landfill somewhere.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Yeah it's on Netflix.

I played the ET game when I was ~9 and even then I said to myself 'there has to be something better' and began to play Pitfall instead.

It was a lot better.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

And wasn't ET something $60 when it came out? Damn, there was some pissed-off people back then.   :pullhair:   Glad I wasn't one of them.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2018, 12:55:46 PM
Honestly, I think JD made the right call for his gaming tastes, based on what I know. Yes, the game picks up in some ways, but it never ends up being more of an action based adventure over a medieval life simulator. i really don't think I see JD ever truly loving KCD...that's not a knock on his gaming tastes, or on the game.
Yep - I'm just not into it I'm afraid.

I need to be grabbed by a game right off the bat - by story, character, gameplay. Not necessarily looking for hack and slash - if the story is good enough or the character is interesting, it'll hook me. I wasn't grabbed by a single thing in the game.
Alba gu' brath

Ian C

I was exactly the same when everyone and their dog were trying to get me to read the Harry Potter books.
I gave the first one a spin and got a dozen pages in thought it was the most boring pap I'd ever read. It's obviously not pap for a few billion people but it just didn't click with me, doesn't appeal to me. Even watching the movies does nothing for me. I don't understand why it's so popular - and I am HEAVILY into Sci-Fi and Fantasy / RPG stuff too.

However, that tutorial in Kingdom Come - it is a bit dry and uninspiring. I can understand why it's tough to get past, but I'd say get past it and give the actual game a try.