Main Menu

Recent posts

Modelling and Miniatures / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
Last post by Gusington - Today at 04:03:38 PM
I've begun donating books to the library. There will be a Gus mini-wing there soon.
Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 03:50:53 PM
Godspeed!  :ThumbsUp:
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 03:45:36 PM
I sold them all.

The only one I have left is my wee 1/72 Me-262 Airfix kit from the 1970s and my original series Enterprise 1701 which I didn't sell because my daughter got me them for my birthday.
Last post by MengJiao - Today at 03:45:16 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:52:26 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on Today at 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 06:41:49 PMPersonally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.

Got it, no laughing.  Ya takes your mental hits and you keeps your mouth shut, see.  Get it?

If you want to demonstrate that you have the mental acuity and maturity level of a 12 year old, I won't stop you. Have fun.

Really?  I can actually say anything I want?  well...type it.  I want it in writing that you won't stop me.
This is going to be good.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 03:39:39 PM
I need to turn away from this hobby before it is too late. I simply would not have the room to store all of them. Between books, guns and ammo, I take up most of the house, shelves and closets. With a model collection, my wife's sanity would definitely be pushed over the edge. 
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Gusington - Today at 03:34:06 PM
I remember when there was serious discussion of Russia joining NATO one day.
Last post by Gusington - Today at 03:32:39 PM
Arab help warmed the wet ashes of what used to be my gray dead heart.
Last post by Gusington - Today at 03:31:23 PM
 :Dreamer: Great stuff JD.
Computer Gaming / Re: Master of Command: Prussia...
Last post by glen55 - Today at 03:29:23 PM
Well, I'm subject to being convinced otherwise if it's good enough, but "roguelike strategy" is not high on my Christmas list. I have an unfortunate prejudice in favor of winning in strategy games.