The 2015 Baseball Thread

Started by MetalDog, February 02, 2015, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

because odds are better than 60% that at least one, and probably both, of the teams in that June game suck ass and are actually AAA teams masquerading as major league ones because baseball doesn't have the balls to kick shitty teams out of the major leagues.  And yes, Houston should've been AAA for 5-6 years there starting about 2008.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

I was worried about Volquez. When he's on, he's an absolute beast...and dude is ON tonight.

On another note, what the Hell did we do to deserve Joe Buck and Harold Reynolds? Seriously? Do you WANT people to watch this sport?!

Bison

I like Reynolds actually and I'm indifferent to Buck.  He's not to bad for the most part. 

Arctic Blast

Buck is just so completely soulless. They could replace him with a robot and nobody would notice the difference. He may as well be a recording. Reynolds is just an idiot. He's basically the Phil Simms of baseball broadcasting. Color guy said something stupidly obvious or unbelievably dumb? Yep, that's Simms/Reynolds.

Bison

Bison

I like Reynolds because he's a small ball guy.  He appreciates working the pitch count and hitting into the shift holes.  He's not loud lout like McCarver was. 

MetalDog

I like Reynolds, too.  Beginning to dislike Buck.  Haven't liked McCarver since the early 80's when he was on Mets broadcasts.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Volquez pitched awesome and the hitters capitalized with some timely at bats.  Great game played by the Royals tonight.

Bison

I thought the Royals were cooked going into the 7th inning, because Price was so dominate all game and then....the Royals bats came to life again!  I was yelling at the TV for Yost keeping Ventura in for the 6th inning. But having watched the Royals a lot over the last couple of seasons, they always have a chance to come back.  They just need that one hit to get the bats going for a big rally.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on October 17, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
I thought the Royals were cooked going into the 7th inning, because Price was so dominate all game and then....the Royals bats came to life again!  I was yelling at the TV for Yost keeping Ventura in for the 6th inning. But having watched the Royals a lot over the last couple of seasons, they always have a chance to come back.  They just need that one hit to get the bats going for a big rally.

That seems to be Ventura's deal. The kid has electric stuff, but at some point he gets a case of the yips and just loses it a bit.

KC's hitters are excellent. They work every single plate appearance.

Bison

Well it'll be interesting going to Toronto's homer dome.  Kaufmann field is a nice huge pitchers park. 

The Cubs mets game was a good one pat night, but Chicago is in trouble if they don't hit homers.

Bison

Damn crazy couple games the last two in Toronto.   Not close but overwhelming fun if you were cheering for the team scoring all of the runs.

Bison

Cubs are looking to make Back the Future II wrong.

MetalDog

I really thought I wanted the Cubs to win.  And I keep rooting for the Mets.  Looks like I know who I want to win.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 10:13:40 PM
I really thought I wanted the Cubs to win.  And I keep rooting for the Mets.  Looks like I know who I want to win.

The Royals.