We Need a 2015-2016 Hockey thread

Started by endfire79, October 04, 2015, 07:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Another good game tonight and glad pens up 2-0...lets see how sharks respond at home.

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Arctic Blast

Grim.Reaper

It was a fun game last night, really seemed like the Pens could have scored 10 more goals with all the chances they had, including wide open nets....but I'll take any victory:)

Would love to see a repeat before some of the older (Malkin, Fluery, Kunitz),  players start to leave or get moved....

bayonetbrant

I wish the Sharks had won so that Pavelski, Thornton, and Marleau had a chance to win a cup, but I'm not unhappy the Pens won.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

unstickying this thread.  We'll start a fresh one for next season in the fall.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2016, 05:33:31 PM
I wish the Sharks had won so that Pavelski, Thornton, and Marleau had a chance to win a cup, but I'm not unhappy the Pens won.

If the Pens wouldn't have won it, I could have been comfortable with the Sharks taking it....but besides their goaltender, none of their stars really showed up in this series.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 13, 2016, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2016, 05:33:31 PM

If the Pens wouldn't have won it, I could have been comfortable with the Sharks taking it....but besides their goaltender, none of their stars really showed up in this series.

Martin Jones was unreal. San Jose's defense, on the other hand, were awful. They couldn't maintain puck possession in Pittsburgh's end on a consistent basis, and they kept mis-playing it in their own end.