PSP Cancelling Comic Service

Started by MIGMaster, February 17, 2012, 12:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIGMaster

Shelldrake

Collecting digital files is not the same as collecting the actual comic books. Since most comic book readers are also collectors I am not surprised the service didn't do well.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Centurion40

Funny how you want something once you know that you can't have it!
Any time is a good time for pie.

MIGMaster

The only thing I like about digital books is the fact they are so easy to store. I'm pretty much running out of real world storage space. I was starting to re-read some of my older books so I decided to replace them with e-books, unless they were diagram intensive, etc....  It certainly has been freeing up space and making great gifts for friends or yard sale stuff.

LongBlade

I have bought a few comics for my Kindle Fire, but I am always left thinking that I'd rather have the paper.

The digital choices are more limited and rarely do I find something I really want to look at right then and there.

IIRC at one point Marvel offered some kind of lifetime subscription to their digital archives and things going forward. I thought it was pretty reasonable, too.

<looks around the web real quick>

Found it. For $5/month you get access to all their digital copies. Not too bad, actually. http://marvel.com/digital_comics/unlimited

When I get some spare cash I might just have to bite. I enjoy reading comics for their own sake. The collectible side is not something I've found much use for.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MIGMaster

Damn you and your web searches LongBlade - just another thing to drain my wallet and occupy my wayward thoughts.

LongBlade

I live to serve.

Think of it as your own personal stimulus package.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.