Discuss GrogCast Episode 14!

Started by bayonetbrant, June 09, 2015, 06:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Grand Theft Tank - take my money now!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Just finished the new episode.  Two things:

1)  Jay, glad to hear you back again. 

and

2)  Lay off Yes, or I'll send Jon Anderson to sing at you!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay..
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BROJD

Is there any way you can start a Podcast feed that will run on my iPhone?  I can't easily listen to the browser-based ones when I'm driving around.  Or maybe I just don't know how to use the Podcast app with your feed...

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BROJD on June 09, 2015, 09:35:23 PM
Is there any way you can start a Podcast feed that will run on my iPhone?  I can't easily listen to the browser-based ones when I'm driving around.  Or maybe I just don't know how to use the Podcast app with your feed...

there's a "subscribe with iTunes" link here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/grogcast
that should work for you
there are several other feed options there, too.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

Thanks for the Homeworld review Star, It was already a strong contender for purchase based on JH's approval.
I really want that game.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

ComradeP

The GrogCast was good. I do wonder if the in-jokes and some of the more risky jokes might not be a bit "much" for the casual listener.

Nice Preussens Gloria sample, by the way.

Starfury sounds much less like a rock star than I would've imagined.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

bbmike

Quote from: ComradeP on June 10, 2015, 12:40:48 AM
The GrogCast was good. I do wonder if the in-jokes and some of the more risky jokes might not be a bit "much" for the casual listener.

Nice Preussens Gloria sample, by the way.

Starfury sounds much less like a rock star than I would've imagined.

I've never met Starfury but when I hear him on the podcast I'm picturing someone between Johnny Fever from WKRP and The Dude from The Big Lebowski.  ;D
Enjoyed the episode!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: ComradeP on June 10, 2015, 12:40:48 AM

Admittedly, I did push it a bit with the jokes. Hopefully the 'pimp of the year' thing (pulled from the movie I'm Gonna Get You Sucka) and everything else wasn't too over the top of people's heads.

I wasn't feeling well at all that night (had to leave at one point to go be sick) and was even more quiet than usual so I felt I needed to try to improve on it a bit.

mirth

I'm guessing most of the audience already has experience with the forums and the general tenor here.

Arctic Blast

I don't think that any sort of lines have been crossed in terms of material. I do agree that keeping the in-jokes to a minimum is probably a good idea, though.

Of course, I'll probably forget that suggestion entirely when I'm up.  ::)

BanzaiCat

Anything that pops into my head is fodder for the show.

Check out the GrogCast next Tuesday, you'll see what I mean. Sometimes the line connecting the dots is rather long and twisted, but it connects them.

BROJD

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 09, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: BROJD on June 09, 2015, 09:35:23 PM

there's a "subscribe with iTunes" link here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/grogcast
that should work for you
there are several other feed options there, too.

That doesn't work on the iPhone.  There is an app made just for easy subscriptions to Podcasts.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BROJD on June 10, 2015, 09:22:40 PMThere is an app made just for easy subscriptions to Podcasts.

does that app need an RSS feed?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers