Discuss GrogCast Episode 2!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 17, 2015, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Now appearing in it's regular weekly slot on our calendar, the GrogCast parks itself on Tuesdays.

The GrogCast is joined by Chris "MetalDog" of GrogHeads to discuss what we played this week, the Civilization series games, and gaming with your significant other, along with some discussion of the upcoming GrogHeads Central Command at Origins.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I hope that last bit at the end was caught...after the music went down. :)

MD, truly, I was just having fun with you. I hope that doesn't make you mad.

bob48

Excellent, guys. I really enjoyed that.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

I never thought I would hear 'Candy Land' mentioned so many times in a podcast about wargaming.  :P
Enjoyed the first two GrogCasts. Keep up the good work!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

Another fine episode, gents.  Keep it coming please! 

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 17, 2015, 10:02:57 AM
I hope that last bit at the end was caught...after the music went down. :)
I noticed that, yes.  Made me laugh pretty hard.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

If I ever meet MD in person, I fully expect to be socked in the jaw. Not just for that but for punnery in general.

Not that I don't deserve it.

Martok

Apropos of nothing, I have to admit I'm surprised at your complete lack of an accent BC.  Given how long you've lived in Houston, I figured you'd have picked up at least a little bit of a drawl by now! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I've had New Yorkers tell me I sound like I'm deep South. And Southerners tell me I sound like a carpetmuncher. Err...I mean, bagger. Carpetbagger.

Ah kin do a Suth'uhn ayucc-cent iff'n Ah need ta, y'all. Ah jus' chews not ta.

MetalDog

We're good, B_C.  "I always knew you guys hated me," is actually a little joke amongst me and my kids.  It's my over the top answer to them when they do something marginally bad.  It actually just kind of came out before I knew I had said it.  Kind of like all the huffing and puffing I do when you guys stink up the joint with all your bad puns.  (Oxymoron, bad puns.  ALL puns are bad!!!)  And I'm not the violent kind.  I wouldn't punch you for puns.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't find some other way to pay you back for them...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I'm fine with payback, as long as you're not planning on including a chainsaw or a woodchipper in that.

"I wouldn't dish it out unless I could take it."
-Big Book of Starfury and Mirth Quotes

GJK

Maybe it's my old age but I had problems telling MD and Brant apart at times.  Or, maybe it's the Texan thing but I recognized B_C every time with ease.  :)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GJK on March 19, 2015, 08:17:25 PMMaybe it's my old age but I had problems telling MD and Brant apart at times. 

I'm the good-looking one ;)

MetalDog

Quote from: GJK on March 19, 2015, 08:17:25 PM
Maybe it's my old age but I had problems telling MD and Brant apart at times.  Or, maybe it's the Texan thing but I recognized B_C every time with ease.  :)

It's my voice and I had to listen closely a time or two.  (I wonder if there is something nefarious I can do with my new found power...)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob