Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started by JudgeDredd, June 22, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I won't get into a whole DRM discussion, except to say that UPlay is a no-go for me.  Glad you guys brought it up, actually, because it didn't even occur to me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Early video left me unimpressed on this one, but the latest peaks are looking better and better.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Apocalypse 31

I have a hard time believing gameplay will actually be like that video

JasonPratt

Still looking forward to this -- like a sober team-version of the Just Cause series.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 26, 2016, 11:19:43 AM
Still looking forward to this -- like a sober team-version of the Just Cause series.

JC2 was awesome, but I dont want another open world game. I want a game where I have to conduct intelligence-based targeting operations based on analysis and critical thought.

I want a strategic-level AI layer that will react to my operations and conduct counter-operations and defensive planning to challenge me.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on October 26, 2016, 01:33:24 PM

JC2 was awesome, but I dont want another open world game. I want a game where I have to conduct intelligence-based targeting operations based on analysis and critical thought.

I want a strategic-level AI layer that will react to my operations and conduct counter-operations and defensive planning to challenge me.
oooh....you should make games  O0
Alba gu' brath

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 26, 2016, 01:41:56 PM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on October 26, 2016, 01:33:24 PM

oooh....you should make games  O0

The thought crosses my mind multiple times a day. My only fear is that I would put everyone out of business.  ;D

JudgeDredd

I'm not sure after watching the video. It looked pretty stunning in places and pretty meh in others.

As with previous Ghost Recon games - a good story will pull me in.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

I am sure I'll get....looks like early March 2017 is the date and you can pre order for $35.  After some recent pre orders with Europe only versions, likely will hold off a bit..even though this implies worldwide.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-wildlands-pc-uplay-cd-key

Jarhead0331

Open beta started today...anyone else give it a go? So far I am really enjoying it. There is a lot of trash talk out there about it, but it seems to be mostly posted by people who just hate uplay and ubisoft in general. The game seems to have a lot of variety and there are certainly options for tactical play.

I'm playing solo right now and really having fun. Its like Grand Theft Ghost Recon!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

I pre loaded the beta, but haven had a chance to play....this weekend

JasonPratt

... well the Steam trash talk seems awfully specific in details about problems.  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 09:01:27 AM
... well the Steam trash talk seems awfully specific in details about problems.  :-\

I've only played for about an hour, but my experience thus far has been seemless. These AAA titles by the big devs are always hammered in forums. Some people are going to hate ubisoft no matter what they do, just like some are going to hate Trump no matter what. Not saying there aren't real problems, but it is a beta and it is a big open world game. They will need time to iron out the bugs. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Skoop

Played the closed beta earlier in the month, it was pretty fun.  Definately going to be worth the money I paid for it.  Playing with people is way better than your AI team that's for sure.