Should we have a Grogheads discord server?

Started by Huw the Poo, November 27, 2018, 02:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on November 27, 2018, 07:12:52 PM
No interest in using Discord.  Can't see how everyone posting there won't effect activity here, but hope I'm wrong.

Don't worry Geezer. If it does, we will shut it down.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

IronX

I think it'll prove useful as a means of getting together to play something or just shoot the breeze. The forums are better for browsing the latest intel on gaming and exchanging views with a wider audience.

Tuna

LOL, Iron, didn't realize that was 'you'.. JH. .can you make us an IL2 Voice Channel?

Gusington

How the hell do I use this thing? Every time I enter a friend to link to it asks me for a 4 digit code...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on November 27, 2018, 09:06:46 PM
LOL, Iron, didn't realize that was 'you'.. JH. .can you make us an IL2 Voice Channel?

IL-2 BOX Voice Channel created.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

OK, let me see if I have this straight: We are going to have a new forum about the existing forums.....
Huh......
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Moreb

You're not alone solops. I'm not sure what it is either. By the name Discord, it sounds like a utility for curmudgeons to complain through. Duplicity indeed. 
When dongles fly? - mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 27, 2018, 04:04:57 PM
It is a great idea for  voice chat, and it's free! can you set one up with voice only?

Did I ever send you an invite to mine? 

We get on there when Warshippin' nowadays.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
Quote from: Tuna on November 27, 2018, 04:04:57 PM
It is a great idea for  voice chat, and it's free! can you set one up with voice only?

Did I ever send you an invite to mine? 

We get on there when Warshippin' nowadays.

I don't think I got it, do they expire (hadn't been logged in, in a awhile)? Send me another one, does 2nd go on Discord now?

Sir Slash

Do we really need more Discord here? Can't we all just get along?  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on November 28, 2018, 06:39:47 AM
I don't think I got it, do they expire (hadn't been logged in, in a awhile)? Send me another one, does 2nd go on Discord now?

There are two types of invitation you can generate, temporary and permanent.  I believe the type you're allowed to create has to do with individual server settings.

IronX

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on November 30, 2018, 08:29:32 AM
Quote from: IronX on November 27, 2018, 07:29:34 PM
Joined (as PanzerPajamas).

I really enjoy your YouTube videos!

Thanks! I'll do some more Combat Mission ones when CMSF2 is eventually released.