Netflix Star Trek uses the F bomb twice in one scene - is this Star Trek?

Started by Destraex, October 18, 2017, 05:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

----SPOILER TAGS----

Watching this with my son last night on netflix thinking. This show is very dark for star trek. Very much more brainless and a lot more like standard B grade storylines and script writing, actors lines are usually simplistic and their really is no utopian line here. So instead of a family friendly show with a few PC vices. We have what is edging towards a game of thrones in space. Boring politicking amongst crew members who are mostly just dumb drones.

Has anybody else been following this? I am almost thinking they are trying to kill the show by combining it with the new movie blondness (eg some scenes ignore reality and are put in simply to satisfy a story explanation... for instance.. need to capture the captain, warp in at a perfect coord above ship and beam aboard... warp out. done. No planning, nothing to do. Storyline satisfyed) and dumb standard dystopian depression.

The F Bomb just felt unnecessary. It was even done a second time as an approving affirmation by the second leading character. Like some sort of exciting moment for the producers. Some sort of progressive new direction that the directors were proud of showing.

I am wondering what cheap stunt they are going to pull next. :sarcasm: Graphic sex scenes is the next step perhaps.

This article reckons that star trek fans are onboard with a little swearing. To me its just another vestage of our dystopian society leaking into and rotting star treks utopian dream. Roll over in your grave Gene Roddenberry,

Am I being too much like a NO voter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTw6xPVNE4Q
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback