Barcelona Fighting

Started by airboy, October 01, 2017, 11:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

oh, .... Spain has a trump as well?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MikeGER

the fuel of the independence thought is, beside the historic back traces, the wealth transfer generated in Catalonia and send to main Spain... now with the growing uncertainty of the situation, some mayor banks and other businesses moved already there headquarter (taxes) from Catalonia to other parts of the Spain.

the wealth generation drops in Catalonia and with all the other fallout of pre-independence turmoil get more and more costly and so the movement will fizzle in the population with the exception of a small group of hardliners.

Catalonia already has a lot of Free State traits so it was mostly about the money-drain and hurt feelings of proud Spaniards and Catalans.

I neither expect a shooting war , nor terror, no violence beside a few clashes at small protest marches when main Spain police arrest some ringleader, and only if Madrid sees it really has to shut down the Catalonia's local parliament until early elections according to some special laws in the Spanish constitution             

airboy

My wife and I have to decide in 10 days if we are going or not.

Sir Slash

Tough call. I wouldn't necessarily fear going as much as not being able to get back out quickly if need be.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

My wife spent a semester in Barcelona about 25 years ago and recalls it as one of the best times in her life. It would be a shame if the current situation stopped you and your wife from going, airboy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I think that ship has sailed. Or maybe in this case, those bulls have already been run.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Well, they are having more riots.  We fly out tomorrow.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

enjoy your trip, airboy

i am sure all will be fine ....he, its Old Europe after all O0 

Atilla60

This is not good

Catalans declare independence. Madrid's reaction is to impose direct rule.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41780116
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Gusington

Honestly cannot predict what will happen next...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

QuoteEuropean Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker said the EU "doesn't need any more cracks, more splits".

Well, maybe this needs to be a wake-up call to the EU, then.