That time of year has come again to scare Gus!

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Gabriel Knight is creepy as hell. Voodoo freaks me out for some reason.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 06:30:16 PM
Have not played Batman: Arkham Asylum either, but I only got it just a few months ago which is nothing in Gus Time.

I really thought you had picked that up on sale somewhat earlier.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 29, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
B:AA isn't scary, though. It's awesomely thematic and a tad creepy, but not scary.

No, I've never told Gus it's scary. It's got a major autumn haunted-house vibe going for it though, and plays heavily into the Batman theme of overcoming fear by becoming what scares the things that scare you.

Another non-scary but hugely Halloween-atmospheric game (and much more linear) is the first Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Played Lords of Shadow :)

It was very on-rails, but serviceable.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Just in time for Gus for Halloween, Darkest Dungeon is on sale for $10 on steam.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

What about Dead Space 2, i'm in the middle of a play through. Got some jump scares that will probably make you pee a little bit. Isn't that all we want, a game to make us pee a little.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I have the first Dead Space. And I played it, too. I think I got about 80% through it (I know I got to the bridge, which was tough to get past), but I can't remember if I actually finished the game or not.

mirth

I might have the first Dead Space for 360. Never played it though.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Pretty sure I didn't finish it...but I remember getting to the bridge.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Found a few creepy things you might like, Gus.

Welcome to the Game (on Steam)

The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo (text adventure, but good, and free - can play right at the link)

Gusington

Thanks bruh. FYI the developers who created Dead Space were shut down earlier this week 💀

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Quote from: Gusington on October 03, 2017, 07:36:22 PM
I played it. And peed a bit.

Yea, but you're old....old people pee themselves so it might not have been the game

Gusington

Define 'old' - my bladder is one of iron, son.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd