If I can't save the FRIDAY you can be damn sure I'll avenge it

Started by JasonPratt, September 07, 2018, 07:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Seriously? No Friday thread yet?

Do you want a metal bagpipe cover of the Avengers theme? Because this is how you get a metal bagpipe cover of the Avengers theme.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, now that the Crisis Grogs multiplayer game of Falling Sky has ended, with Belgium teaching Germany, Italy, and France not to mess with Belgium  :D ...

....wait, why didn't I post a Resist and Bite cover?!

Ardenner ground was burning! -- the Boar against the Eagles!

Ahem. Anyway. At long last the GROGPUBLIC OF ROME signup list is now open. We still have some unconfirmed slots, so first come first confirmed, or words to that effect!

And if there's enough interest, I might be persuaded to sacrifice my sanity and run two games concurrently.

Otherwise, this weekend I'm aiming to start back on the Strategic Command Classic Grogfest multiplayer tournament, this time vs Yskonyn. And for single play I'll be poking around more at the newly released Panzer Stratgy and Aggressors: Ancient Rome.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 07, 2018, 07:50:26 AM
Seriously? No Friday thread yet?

Strange.  Looks like CMANO, DCS, Rise of the Republic, JT-7-yw, and Post Scriptum, probably in roughly that order of precedence.

jamus34

Not sure how much game time I'll get this weekend between kids sports, replacing a toilet and watching football.

What time I do have will probably be split between endless space 2, two point hospital and FF12 zodiac edition
Insert witty comment here.

PanzersEast

Of course doing my regular CrossFit...... With time remaining planning on finishing up a Mius-Front Campaign and flying the Hawker Hurricane in the newly released Wings over the Reich followed up by Aggressors Ancient Rome.

May drag out some Warfighter or HM Golf as well, looks like a rainy weekend.

Dammit Carl!

Out of town for the weekend, so relegated to the laptop if/when I do play anything.  Having said that, I've been on a survival-crafting thing as of late with 7 Days to Die and SCUM and owing to lappy's specs, I think I need to take a gander at Project Zomboid or something similarly not-a-graphics-hog to buy/take.

Anyhoo, have a good one folks!

Rayfer

JP...two great song choices.  Well done! No clue what gaming will be this weekend.

Gusington

Pratt you are in fine form this morning. Well done. I will continue murdering my way through AssCreed: Syndicate, prepare to begin Vampyr and maybe dabble a bit in Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Bagpipes any day for me. Good play JP.

I'll be in Norwich all day Saturday going around the University of East Anglia with my daughter - so she can evaluate the place and it's courses.

F1 2017 for me. Suzuka which I'm not great at but 5 races to go before the end of the season and then I make a call on whether to buy the new one of not.

You would not believe me if I'd told you about the race I had at Malaysia. It was tense, required tyre choices at the correct time, rain, heavy rain, drying track, lack of fuel (and no LEAN mixture ability due to engine wear) and resistance to put new boots on saw me going from 17th on the grid to 1st. It was epic and by far the best racing experience I've had in a racing game, ever.

Probably some Red Dead Redemption too. It's a bit slow and side missions are mostly shite...but I want to complete it before I pick up RDR2

Have a great weekend.
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity 2 where I just found the most curious place, The Luminous Bath House in Nerataka. The tile work is exquisite, which is a good thing since it's a good idea to keep your eyes focused.....down.

Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

bruce205

With WOTR being released it put me in a flight sim mode so I purchased WOFFUE and XPlane 11. Oh and I will be skydiving for first time on the 16th in Oregon !!!

nelmsm

Destraex

- Battlefield V free open beta - Tried some with a friend and my son and I get a negative kill death ration but still kill a fair few. However the run n gun really gets to me. It's very stressful. There is a whole lot of really silly stuff going on around you at the speed of light. I also noticed that some sort of auto aim thing seemed to be happening at distance, like the hitboxes got larger at range.

- Post Scriptum Hopefully get a crack at this.

- Steel Division - A mate and I have tried the same config and same divisions vs the same enemy AI divisions 3 times and lost. Sometimes I triple my mates score but we still cannot crack it. The FFI and Desert Rats vs the 1st SS and 116th Windhund.

- War Thunder Ships - Still enjoying this. Played some WOWs last night only because of a mate and it's night and day.

P.S. Meng if you are out there. I replaced my video card today and rome2 is amazing in comparison. The render distance is higher and I can see colour at distance now.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"