Sovereignty: Crown of Kings enters Early Access

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 31, 2015, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: RedArgo on September 05, 2018, 10:23:59 AM
So I'm on vacation inside watching the rain from TS Gordon with my crappy laptop (Intel graphics, not a dedicated GPU) and I thought I'd give this a go, since I never really tried it before.  I made it far enough in two games to get in large tactical battles and both times I had CTD.  From reading on the Steam forums, it seems CTD are still an issue for others too.  Have any of you had luck getting this to be stable long term? Is it worth putting more time on this, or should I just move on?

I may move on to Battlestar Galactica Deadlock if my computer can handle it.

I've read that the big issue causing CTDs in Sovereignty are the Intel HD graphics.  It hates them.

The devs released some update awhile back to address some of those Intel HD issues but it appears they weren't all solved. 

I've not run the game in quite awhile, but recently installed it on my new rig - planning on checking it out again soon.  However, I've only ever ran it on Nvidia cards and that will continue to be the case.  If it also CTDs on those, I'll update.

RedArgo

I may try it again on my regular gaming rig when I get home and see how it works there.  The sun is out now, so no time for gaming anyway :)

FlickJax

How does this play now since the rebuild.. I have it just haven't booted it up since before the rebuild!

W8taminute

I revisited this game a few months ago.  Prior to that I have played it for around 20 hours.  I've never had any CTD issues but I was also running the game on an Nvidia card. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

RedArgo

I put in a couple hours last night on my gaming computer, had a few major tactical battles and no crashes, so I just my problems were probably laptop with Intel graphics related.

On the actual game side, the AI seems to be pretty brain dead in the tactical battles, which is disappointing.  I really wanted to like this game.