Main Menu

Ain't No FRIDAY!

Started by bayonetbrant, April 13, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedHorseJoe

I love the work that's been done on Sins of the Prophet. It keeps the Halo universe alive for me in a way that the current mainline games aren't.

I've got friends staying the weekend, so I'm actually going to be table-top-ing again: Pengragon: The Fall of Roman Britain and Quartermaster General 1914 mainly.

I've also rediscovered my love for Men of War: Assault Squad 2. I might check out some of the mods for it - the Cold War one is supposed to be good.

Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

KyzBP

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 13, 2018, 08:36:54 AM
Quote from: Destraex on April 13, 2018, 07:51:37 AM
Sins of a Solar empire is being revisited by our group at the moment. Amazing game to play every now and then. Just very relaxing really.

PS - When I saw the title of the Friday thread, I got so excited thinking you were going to post this...

These guys are phenomenal live!

I'm coaching my daughter's U14 soccer team this season so I had to fire up FM 17.  I'll be playing OOTP 19 as well.  Because...baseball!
I'm also lurking the Battletech RPG thread.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: KyzBP on April 13, 2018, 11:34:05 AM

These guys are phenomenal live!

I've got to tell you...I've seen them 3 times over the last 15 years and their shows, although still good, are not what they were like in the 80s and 90s. Perry without drugs is just too calm and normal. I'm so grateful they are still around, living healthy lifestyles and making great music, but their shows just aren't as exciting.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Wolfe1759

Planed on playing Endless Space 2 then Gal Civ III Intrigue came out so that is going to be my focus (and it is looking good from my initial very brief impressions) but now someone has gone and mentioned Sins of a Solar Empire so that may get a look in as well.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

My mom grew up with Perry Farrell and his family. She said he was 'always a weird kid but very sweet.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

You sure she wasn't talking about you?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Well.. I am off as of now.

Paid Time Off for the weekend (had a few days figured why not?)

So I am currently in my game of Neverwinter Nights.(Chapter 2)

Thinking on giving the CK II DLCs a spin, see what cooks up.

I have Talisman on my tablet (Free on Google play this weekend!) so I grabbed it.

But I am glad to be home, it is a mess out there. Wind and rain and cold.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

I loved Neverwinter Nights.  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

My new rig arrives early next week.  I pulled the hard drive from the dead system.

I'm grading, cleaning house and perhaps finish a tabletop game so we can clean that room.

Anguille

I played some Civilization III, IV and VI this week (one diplomatic victory in CIV IV and one cultural Victory in CIV VI). I enjoyed them all, even if i find the end-game in Civilization VI less interesting. I think i'll a new game but not sure with which one.

Going to play Dawn of Andromeda and once i finish it, going to launch either GalCiv 2 or GalCiv 3

Also played a few turn of my old Romulan campaign in Birth of the Federation...Sol is going to fall soon and the last Cardassian colonies are soo history....soon, i'll be able to focus on my last real opponent...the Ferengi....

Busy weekend!

bbmike

Finally will get back home after two depressing weeks in Pensacola. Doubt I'll play anything but I might check out the GalCivIII DLC. The good news is it'll be a lot warmer than it was when I left.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Welcome back, bbmike. Hope things are going alright for you.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 13, 2018, 08:36:54 AM
Quote from: Destraex on April 13, 2018, 07:51:37 AM
Sins of a Solar empire is being revisited by our group at the moment. Amazing game to play every now and then. Just very relaxing really.

Version 2.2 of the fantastic Star Wars mod Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War was just released yesterday. Check it out. I also enjoy the Halo mod, Sins of the Prophets.

As far as my weekend, gaming will be limited. Heading off for a week in Texas so will be busy packing and straitening up, etc.

If I play anything, it will most likely be ARMA 3 Tanks DLC, Star Citizen 3.1.1, House of a Dying Sun, Synthetik and some VR gaming too... 

Everybody enjoy!

PS - When I saw the title of the Friday thread, I got so excited thinking you were going to post this...

Is Star Wars mod Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War actually Star Wars mod Thrawn's Revenge: Ascendancy?
While I am here, has anybody played empire at war multiplayer lately? I read that multiplayer, which was discontinued when it went to steam, has been re-enabled?

P.s. I love the song not an addict by janes addiction, but always though it was a female singer....
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tuna

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on April 13, 2018, 12:10:14 PM
Planed on playing Endless Space 2 then Gal Civ III Intrigue came out so that is going to be my focus (and it is looking good from my initial very brief impressions) but now someone has gone and mentioned Sins of a Solar Empire so that may get a look in as well.

So of course you post about a new expansion for Gal Civ III makes me think, "Hey maybe Crusade is on sale since something new came out". Of course when I go to look, I already own it.  :crazy2:

Such is the life of a groghead.