Main Menu

Netflix versus Hulu

Started by Bison, January 10, 2014, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Speaking of internet ISP.  What are the ranges you guys are using for upload/download speeds?

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 15, 2014, 09:26:34 AM
Speaking of internet ISP.  What are the ranges you guys are using for upload/download speeds?

3mbps down/1.5 up. Those are the ideal top ends for the plan I pay for. I get somewhat less. I use Fairpoint which took over for Verizon when it sold its phone and internet service in Maine.

My service is okay for video streaming and playing games online. I'd prefer something better for large file downloads, but I don't do a lot of those anyway.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Almost identical service with me...even on wireless sites like Netflix, Pandora, etc work well, but downloading a game from Steam typically has to be done overnight.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

If I had a choice, I'd dump our cable channels and just stick with the best/fastest Internet service I could get and have Netflix.

I've not messed much with Hulu except a few years ago, and it annoyed me since it showed commercials. I know I was watching for free, but I could care absolutely less for commercials.

My Internet speed is 20.43 Mbps down, 1.47 Mbps up. We use AT&T for the moment, though I'm contemplating switching to Comcast to save some money for a 12-month period.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.