Weird Cursor/Browser Issue

Started by Gusington, August 23, 2014, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

For the last few weeks the cursor on my gaming PC has changed shape, slowed down and then finally locked up altogether while web browsing. It happens both in Chrome and in IE.

The really weird thing is that it operates normally when using any other programs...games, Windows tools, etc.  :idiot2:

Any advice or ideas? Thanks all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

Memory leak in a buggy program? Maybe another program on the PC is using the same memory space.
Or the cursor is tired following the pr0n.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

^Pr0n a definite possibility.

Reload and reinstall browsers maybe?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

eyebiter

Gusington

Will Malware Bytes interfere with other antivirus programs?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2014, 10:24:36 PM
Will Malware Bytes interfere with other antivirus programs?

I use it in conjunction with Norton and have never had any issues with conflicts.

Gusington

Cool I have Norton too. Getting Malware Bites now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

OK Malware Bytes found 76 bits of filth and removed them. Not sure if the problem will come back but I can see that my machine is running better already.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Good to hear Gus.  Malware Bytes has saved the day for me numerous times and I swear by it. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mirth

You should do frequent scans for the next couple weeks. Some of that crap can be tough to permanently kill.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I've got Norton running but clearly it did not stop it the first time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

You're better off with things like Malwarebytes and Spybot.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2014, 08:34:55 PM
Why?

Because Norton is run (and programmed) by folks channeling Derek Smart?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys