Pictures of Greatness!

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, June 14, 2012, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Those guys look like they were created by an atom bomb.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

Don't think I'll wait to see this.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

Could be a VERY hungry Groghead. Smear some Hotwing sauce on anything and I'll take a bite.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

Overheard in a bar,
"If you had a choice, would you marry Donald Trump, or one of the Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz?"

"Is the Flying Monkey rich?"
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

McDonald's board, 1972.
My dad could feed the family for $10.  Included five teenagers.

"With your eyes closed?"

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Quote from: W8taminute on May 14, 2019, 07:37:07 AM
^Those were the days.

But what were the wages in the US back then ?

Sir Slash

Back in '72 I was paid in Moleasses and Beaver Pelts.

W8taminute

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 14, 2019, 07:47:02 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 14, 2019, 07:37:07 AM
^Those were the days.

But what were the wages in the US back then ?

I don't know about the year 1972 as I was too young but when I started working my very first job (around 1982?) I made 60 a week.  You could buy a full meal at McDonald's for about 3.5 IIRC.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

besilarius

In 1972, as an O-1 right out of NROtC my gross pay was $6,800 before taxes.

"With your eyes closed?"

bobarossa

In 1972 minimum wage was $1.60/hr.  That's when I had my first job as a fry cook at BBF (Borden Burger, not sure what the F stood for).  Fries were much better then because they used lard not some pansy vegetable oil.

Sir Slash

Pete Dero

Quote from: bobarossa on May 14, 2019, 09:25:59 PM
Fries were much better then because they used lard not some pansy vegetable oil.

We still make them like that ( https://stefangourmet.com/2012/11/02/home-made-belgian-fries/ ).

For the best taste, real Belgian fries must be fried in beef tallow (ossewit, rundvet, blanc de boeuf).
Belgian Fries are usually served with mayonnaise, not with ketchup and definitely not with vinegar.

Ossewit : Ingredients: beef fat, anti-foaming agent: dimethyl polysiloxane. Total fat content: 100%

And once and for all : french fries are not a French invention but originate from Belgium
!!

The name refers to the verb french (To cut into thin strips before cooking) and not to the country.

Rekim

Didn't have the heart to lump this in along with RIP Mr. Grumpy Cat.

Some great pics of the late F1 legend, Niki Lauda

GDS_Starfury

he was a true athlete!  :notworthy:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.