Shortest Trip To Earth

Started by Nefaro, August 23, 2019, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Picked this up not long ago.  Played a bit.

Despite encountering one minor click-y bug, I'm impressed.  Shortest Trip To Earth is FTL on steroids.  :bd:

Can tell I'm gonna enjoy this.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/812040/Shortest_Trip_to_Earth/

mbar

And suddenly the price went from $19.99 to $24.99  Um...ok.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mbar on August 23, 2019, 07:48:49 PM
And suddenly the price went from $19.99 to $24.99  Um...ok.

{punch} WELCOME TA EARF!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mbar

^Thanks for the link. I also learned that the price increase was all in their master plan. Not a good look.

The_Admiral

Awww bro. It's a bit harsh. I mean... They made no mystery of the reasons and the dilemma at hand. Allow me to show it here. I would have hated to be in their shoes:

it is a Steam mechanism to offer a discount on launch, but obviously it is a problem for the games that had actually an easy access phase considering the latest EU law. They could have set a different pricing by region (in the EU, that could have meant no discount at all on the new price for instance) but instead they chose the nicer way and made a discount based on the cheapest denominator for everybody. I wouldn't call this shady - quite the opposite, to me it is rather classy :)
Of course, I came too late to the party too, and now what used to be cheap, then super cheap, is now normal-priced. Still, if you wanna blame someone mbar, blame us Damn Yuropeeans and our complicated consumer laws, you're just collateral damage here  :knuppel2: C:-)

Just my humble 2 cts  ^-^
At any rate, I wish them luck. The end of early access is always a pain, and this one is no exception from what I can read. In my case, I will avoid it like someone avoids the plague.

bbmike

That's what Steam sales are for.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mbar

They are entitled to do with their product what they will. Were they up front? I mean sure they posted in the forum before they did the price increase but a person with a casual interest might put it on their wishlist and then just see a sudden price jump and wonder if there was some mistake. Oh well.

I might look at it again when it's 33% off but I might forget about it by then too. Better that than buying it now and then forgetting I own it.  :-"

Nefaro

Quote from: mbar on August 24, 2019, 05:15:47 AM
^Thanks for the link. I also learned that the price increase was all in their master plan. Not a good look.

I think they just came out of Early Access.  There was an official release sale a week or two ago when it did. 

I've seen numerous developers mention a price increase after their game leaves Early Access.  It's essentially a discount for buying it while still in Beta.

Had it on my Steam Wishlist, and had been waiting for an official release, so I grabbed it before the price-up.

As for enjoyment, this is the first digital game I've played more than an hour.. in months.   8)

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tuna

Ditto on "Thanks for the link". Put a lot of time in on this yesterday, lot of fun.