Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

can i get an extra 24 hours? trip to london tomorrow i wasnt expecting - thanks

undercovergeek

ive got to drop out guys - work and life crisis and ive missed the last 3-4 turns - ill go AI at then of this turn if thats ok

Chelubey

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 30, 2013, 01:38:30 PM
ive got to drop out guys - work and life crisis and ive missed the last 3-4 turns - ill go AI at then of this turn if thats ok

According to llamaserver's scores data Hinnom is still possess plenty of riches despite being one of outsiders.
If admin and players agree, I can sub in for Hinnom.
I'll be able to do much better than normal difficulty AI (at least in "newbie" MP games I did well in generall and even won a few ones).

Yet, I'll have to ask for several days delay to join it in in this case order to
1) Take a look what's going there at all.
2) Contact everyone, update diplomatic relations and find challenging long-term goals for the nation (something extremely important for hopeless nations both to have self fun from the game and to bring fun into the game for others). Defining diplomatic relations and finding long-term goals are obviously directly linked here.
(Yet I don't have a clue what is situation there, maybe Hinnom is ganged already so there is no choice to make - that would be even more simple to receive).
3) Make first turn (I didn't play AwesomeEtc mods yet, so the first turn would take a bit more than others - a grasp for middle-term goals will be needed).

undercovergeek

I've sent the 'go AI' turn - I'm assuming if a different don't go AI turn is received the game can be taken over

Phobos

Apologies, work, home and other constraints have prevented me from keeping up with the social aspect of the games I am involved in.  I have not even checked my personal e-mail account since early last week, which is where PM notifications for this forum are sent.

Just so you are aware, there are (were) 3 players with the admin password;  Beelzeboss, Undercovergeek and Myself.  Beelzeboss was volounteered to be a co admin for this game.  Undercovergeek had some technical issues that required altering the address his files were sent to, so he was given the admin password to resolve that issue while maintaining privacy.  The only proviso I placed on their use of the password was that they leave a forum notification of any adinistrative action taken, for the benefit of other players.     

I am sorry if you were not afforded an opportunity to get involved in this game.  Ultimately, this is my fault for being oblivious to your request, but I thought that you should be aware that I was not the only player capable of servicing your request.

If you still have an interest in subbing for a nation, feel free to take over Pangaea for me.  My blood sacrifice strategy is somewhat hindered by the presence of multiple other nations with the same ability. 

Chelubey

Quote from: Phobos on October 03, 2013, 11:14:33 AM
I am sorry if you were not afforded an opportunity to get involved in this game.  Ultimately, this is my fault for being oblivious to your request, but I thought that you should be aware that I was not the only player capable of servicing your request.

Nevermind - just coincidence of various circumstances.

Quote from: Phobos on October 03, 2013, 11:14:33 AMIf you still have an interest in subbing for a nation, feel free to take over Pangaea for me.  My blood sacrifice strategy is somewhat hindered by the presence of multiple other nations with the same ability.

Well, I've got a special curse and most of my MP games finished in deep lategame (some even beyond 100 turns).
All these scores of full-eqed SCs running around, national warehouse which can hold all forged items no longer, empire-wide battle scripting taking countless hours... It is something I'm now running away like from plague.
Hinnom in this game was already almost too large to be acceptable (for subbing) according to my special tastes. However at least it didn't look like a power with chances to win the game different from zero. So at least I knew I could ease myself somewhat playing such a nation.

As for Pangea here - it is one of victory pretenders... in lategame... and such a huge nation. Oh!
No, no, thanks, not for me.