Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

god i wish i had time to join this.  i've wanted to try ea c'tis forever.  alas, i am all gamed up...

Phobos

Quote from: Beelzeboss on May 23, 2013, 01:40:34 AM
I would like to join as Tir na n'og. Thanks for organising the game.
If you want I can help with admining the game. It doesn't look that complicated.

Ok, thanks a lot for that.  A co-admin could be useful.  Once the game has started, I'll PM you the admin password, so you'll be able to grant extensions.  An extra set of eyes watching the thread should ensure that the game can be delayed for someone, should an emergency arise.

I think I'll close recruitment for this game in a day or so.  At the moment, I am looking at the Desert Eye map (it comes with the game) or Parganos.  I won't set anything in stone until the number of players is confirmed.  If anyone would like to put forward their preferences with the map or any of the game settings, feel free to do so.

undercovergeek

not a deal breaker but i would prefer a non scrolling borders map

Huw the Poo

I'm easy with maps and settings in general, except that I would prefer score graphs to be disabled.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 23, 2013, 07:29:27 AM
I'm easy with maps and settings in general, except that I would prefer score graphs to be disabled.

as a nay-graphs advocate and then playing with them on - its really a good game with them on - i suppose you could say its just national intelligence - it doesnt actually give a number just a gradient of peoples provinces, income, dom, gems and research and army size - id didnt think id use it til you consider declaring war on someone only to find theyve got the biggest army in the game by a mile!

Phobos

A non wrap map is not a problem.

Shadowshore.  This map would probably be better suited to 8 or more players, but we can use it with 7.  120 land provinces.

I'll set the game up with no score graphs, unless there are votes for keeping them on.

mkivcs

I'd like to apply to be number 8 if ok with everyone  - Fomoria

Ogaburan

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ogaburan on May 23, 2013, 09:42:29 AM
is there still room for one more?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo      :P  :P  :P

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

I'm super-happy Phobos went ahead and set up a smaller EA game!

Having said that, I'm feeling rather swamped at this time so I'll probably pass on trying to register for it. :) (TBH I wouldn't mind if someone took over the Groghawk game adminning either... :( )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Phobos

Ok, 9 players.  updated the OP.  I'll fill in Ogaburan's nation pick once they have settled on their choice.

I'll probably close recruitment in about 12 hours.  I'll try and accommodate everyone's preferences with the game settings, putting the matter to a vote where there are differing views.

Ogaburan

Quote from: Phobos on May 23, 2013, 04:13:49 PM
I'll fill in Ogaburan's nation pick once they have settled on their choice.

The Ogaburan, for they are many, have decided to give the Yomi a try.

Phobos

I use gender-neutral expressions for most official announcements.  Referring to someone as a 'they' is more polite than referring to them as an 'it.'

Think of it as a modified majestic plural, if you like.

Updated the OP with your nation.

Ogaburan

The Ogaburan do not mind, for they appreciate public display of respect.