WORLD OF GROGHAWK Dom 3 Experimental Game (registration open)

Started by JasonPratt, May 19, 2013, 09:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkivcs

No time for another game at present.
cheers

Philippe

I think I would prefer a single age game, only because I'm so new at this that multi-age is too confusing.  Too many choices to look at.

Having said that, I'm game to give Abysia another go, regardless of the age we end up in.

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Philippe

The guy who does the work makes the rules, of course, but I was wondering about the Independants.

Why not just go all the way and crank them up to 9 ?  I wonder if there's really that much difference between the two.

The other thing was about magic.

In an Early age, magical items would tend to be everywhere, but knowledge of how to use it would be minimal.   So if you ultimately decide to go with Early Age as opposed to all ages at once, consider making magic research hard but magical sites common.  People aren't the research scholars in the Early Age that they become later on, so this might give the game a bit more primitive flavor (or sumfink).

And I really like the idea of enormous maps.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 19, 2013, 02:37:16 PM
do we really have to have all the graphic mods as compulsory?

Not at all, but we'll have to decide before I launch the game.

I do think the standards and banners mod should be compulsory, though: it's far too useful not to be. (The OPM6 will have some graphical updates built in, btw.)

In regard to EA hard research / common sites: true, that would be logical, but I'm not sure that's the best idea for an experimental game.

However, if I also create a small EA game, similar to the Big Pretenders game that just ended, I'm very much inclined to go for that, as I think it's a fine suggestion.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

happyfungi

So is this gonna be an itty bitty EA game or a Big Giant Massive All Ages Game?

Ogaburan

Are you strongly set on this map?
Because tbh that's the only reason im not joining.
Its too damn crazy, size aside (could be interesting!) its really hard to realize form just a glance whats near what...

Phobos

I'll try EA Pangaea.  If you plan on hosting another EA game, I might switch to that one instead.  Either way, I'll be trying this nation out in MP.

undercovergeek

Quote from: happyfungi on May 20, 2013, 02:28:42 AM
So is this gonna be an itty bitty EA game or a Big Giant Massive All Ages Game?

i think there will be 2 - a massive multi era game - i dont fancy playing in that one but should be very interesting

and then a small EA one

ScottWAR

After further thought I think I am going to go with the EA only game instead of the multi age.

For now I will hold off on choosing a faction until you actually set up the thread for the smaller EA game.

JasonPratt

Y'all should probably hold off choosing a faction until I can even confirm a multi-age game is going to work (and confirm how to get it to work) without messing up other mp games I'm running (and that you might be running). Hopefully I can do that this afternoon.

Also remember, if everyone goes for the smaller EA game, it won't be very small anymore (and/or will need a proportionately larger than usual map. ;) ) But I can try to set up multiple games with the same thread.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 20, 2013, 08:08:55 AM
Y'all should probably hold off choosing a faction until I can even confirm a multi-age game is going to work (and confirm how to get it to work) without messing up other mp games I'm running (and that you might be running). Hopefully I can do that this afternoon.

Also remember, if everyone goes for the smaller EA game, it won't be very small anymore (and/or will need a proportionately larger than usual map. ;) ) But I can try to set up multiple games with the same thread.

without wishing to upset the apple cart, and i with all respect to your admin-like-god-powers - im not too sure the multi era option is that popular

strike me from high if im wrong

happyfungi

Ask calahan on desura or dom3mods he has run hundreds of games and would know this answer.

happyfungi

I am fine with a single or multiage game.  My main concern is that I want in a big game with lots of nations.

Phobos

There is a single age mod that effectively moves all possible nations to the middle era.

So the game type is Middle Era, the independents come from the middle era list and it may also impact some of the luck/misfortune events, assuming those events require a specific age to trigger.

It should work with the 'otherpeople'smod 6' mod, but you may want to test it for yourself.

undercovergeek

Quote from: happyfungi on May 21, 2013, 12:34:49 AM

Ask calahan on desura or dom3mods he has run hundreds of games and would know this answer.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm