Author Topic: Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]  (Read 62045 times)

Offline claes

• Velites
Re: Dominions 3 Middle Age game (2 day turnaround) -- Opponents wanted
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »
Sign me up, it is my first multiplayer game but I'll give it a go.  I think I'll try Mictlan for this one as there seems to be some good guides, and for the most part I will be playing to learn ;)  Thanks for setting this up.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Dominions 3 Middle Age game (2 day turnaround) -- Opponents wanted
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
First post has now been updated with the provisional name of the game and the map, with links to the Llamaserver info page for the game, and for downloading the map set.

Unzipping the map set should give two files, an image file and a data file; put both in the "maps" folder inside the main Dom3 folder.

Note that as/if more players sign up, I will look for a larger but equally epic map. I'll try to stay away from wraparound maps but keep in mind that wrappers neutralize corner advantages by putting everyone (in effect) in "the center", so in that sense it's actually easier for new players. (Warhammer isn't a wraparound map, but some other epic maps are.)

That may seem like a lot of territories, but it should give everyone an average of two steps from home base to play with.
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
Re: Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game -- Opponents wanted
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
This by the way means players can start sending in pretenders. Don't worry, it won't auto start; if you change your mind you can send in another one.

I will however need a list of the email addresses from everyone that you intend to play the game with; email or pmail those to me, please.

W8, don't forget you haven't chosen a nation yet!--factions are being taken up at a pretty steady rate!
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline byrdman57

• Equites
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
One thing about that map is it seems there are a lot of island land provinces with no connections across the water. In a test game I started on the very bottom, and there were only 4 land provinces within reach without coming up with some way to cross the water. Might make for a challenging start for some folks.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »
Well I expect we'll grow out of the map anyway. But if we don't I'll look into either modding it myself to remove those as start areas, or to provide more connections, or look into another variation of the map.

Did you look specifically at Squirrel's version?

Offline byrdman57

• Equites
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
I'm assuming so. I used the d/l link on the first page. The dead sea version is the same as well, just the sea provinces are worthless.

Offline CptHowdy

• Viking
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
map downloaded and the winning pretender sent in!! good luck gentlemen!

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »
This by the way means players can start sending in pretenders. Don't worry, it won't auto start; if you change your mind you can send in another one.

I will however need a list of the email addresses from everyone that you intend to play the game with; email or pmail those to me, please.

W8, don't forget you haven't chosen a nation yet!--factions are being taken up at a pretty steady rate!

pm sent jason - thanks for the hard work

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »
I'll fiddle with the map (unless we pick up enough players to need a larger map) and fix the island problems then.

So don't anyone download the map yet -- one way or another there will be a new map (a new variant of this one, or a larger one altogether).

Vlam

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »
Fleeing monkey could be scary... ;)

Don't worry, Agartha is considered as one of the weakest MA faction too, with big potential, but horrible weaknesses.
I just need to run a few more test, then I'll send my pretender.

Offline byrdman57

• Equites
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »
Pretender submitted. Fear my glamorous elves!

Vlam

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »
Pretender submitted!

Let the march of the machines golem begin!

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
Erm...would it be too much of a pain if I joined in this one after all?

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
Not at all a pain! -- more victims sacrifices players are always appreciated!

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »
Erm...would it be too much of a pain if I joined in this one after all?

\0/

yay - pick ermor - i dare ya