Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

^And ubiquitous upon release.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

I love Paul Simon, but this is a terrible song.

bayonetbrant

Every high school marching band in the 80s had this in their repertoire

[yt]https://youtu.be/EzR56x1Yjek[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Some times it's worth it to read the comments on YouTube: "If this don't make you move around, then your move arounder is broken."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 22, 2017, 07:30:22 AM
These guys are coming to town in a few months

http://www.officialmacsabbath.com

[yt]https://youtu.be/m1wkfJY3AZM[/yt]

...  :DD what the hell did I just watch!!!!!  :2funny: I still don't know... Even after I've just watched it!!!!! That's just too funny, and now I can't stop thinking about Barney the big purple dinosaur  ;D

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2017, 10:03:32 PM
Some times it's worth it to read the comments on YouTube: "If this don't make you move around, then your move arounder is broken."

Then my move arounder is well and truly in tact, 'cuz that just got my move arounder groovin and a movin!!!!!  :D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Pete Dero

One for the season (sort of)

MetalDog

Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 22, 2017, 02:17:27 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2017, 10:03:32 PM

Then my move arounder is well and truly in tact, 'cuz that just got my move arounder groovin and a movin!!!!!  :D

Glad you liked it!  I dig me some good funk.  How about some of this:

Arctic Blast

Have you ever wondered if there's a German a capella group doing metal songs while making intense faces and with occasional lens flares on their fists? Wonder no more! I present Van Canto :

bayonetbrant

meh - having a drummer in the back kills the a cappella effect for me...

Emeraldlis

Glad you liked it!  I dig me some good funk.  How about some of this:

[/quote]

Yep MD,  I really like that song  O0 good choice!!!!!

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 23, 2017, 12:24:15 AM
Have you ever wondered if there's a German a capella group doing metal songs while making intense faces and with occasional lens flares on their fists? Wonder no more! I present Van Canto :

........  ;D ;D ;D  I can't say that's ever been a burning question Arctic Blast!!!! They sure did give it a good go though  O0 10 out of 10 for them for the theatrics IMO :nerd:

I really love this cover of a classic simon & garfunkel song, sound of silence by disturbed :)

And a classic james brown....

That video makes me laugh, how everyone in the audience is just Sat there clapping along politely, and james brown and backing dancers are throwing shapes around for all they're  worth... Join in people!!!!!  ;D love the song though :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Pete Dero

Funky blues (or Blunk as they called it) from Belgium, unfortunately the lead singer died in 1996.

(first one is a Toto cover but I prefer this version)

A full live concert : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGEfjqVuP8

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 23, 2017, 01:53:58 PM

Funky blues (or Blunk as they called it) from Belgium, unfortunately the lead singer died in 1996.

(first one is a Toto cover but I prefer this version)

A full live concert : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGEfjqVuP8

Wow..... Really like their sound  :D I've never heard of 'blunk' before, but it's awesome, especially loved the last song, bridge to your heart... Very cool 8)  it's nice to hear the accent too :) And his female backing singers sound a little bit like Cher I thought, they've got great voices.

Looks like the lead guy died young then? That's sad :(

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 23, 2017, 03:42:34 PM
I've never heard of 'blunk' before, but it's awesome

That's what the band called their music: BLuesfUNK. 

Lead singer born in 1947, died in 1996 (leukaemia).

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 23, 2017, 04:26:45 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 23, 2017, 03:42:34 PM
I've never heard of 'blunk' before, but it's awesome

That's what the band called their music: BLuesfUNK. 

Lead singer born in 1947, died in 1996 (leukaemia).

That's a catchy play on words, I like it  O0 shame about the guy :(

I think the strumbellas music is all kinds of awesome :)

Anyone for a "classic" rock tune..... I prefer to think by using the word classic they mean timeless, not old   ;D I love this song, but can't seem to find a version of it on YouTube with good sound quality, which is a shame, because it's a bangin' tune otherwise :)